Cool Finishes

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My all-time favorite is vintage Emerald Green Pearl. Back in 2019 Ludwig offered it on a limited run of 100 drumsets:

Whole Set.jpg
Floor Tom.jpg

I wish they'd make it a standard finish — I'd order a Legacy Mahogany kit in it.

drumfx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My all-time favorite is vintage Emerald Green Pearl. Back in 2019 Ludwig offered it on a limited run of 100 drumsets:

View attachment 476000 View attachment 476001

I wish they'd make it a standard finish — I'd order a Legacy Mahogany kit in it.
Just saw that exact kit at my local music store today....My heart was fighting with my head...I passed..

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
If we’re talking finishes, then the Sonor Rosewood ranks as one of my very favorites.

Whenever I see both outer and inner ply Sonor Rosewood, I must be having the same response as guys who go crazy for Top Hat and Cane, or Gretsch’s Birdland Cadillac Green with gold appointments.

A luxurious and iconic gold-standard.

4EC6BFF0-069F-466D-A3AF-4ABAEDD463DF.jpeg

Last edited:

yyzt4e

Reaction score
I purchased this earlier in the year. The previous owner neglected them and there was some damage. I have been fortunate in life to have a passion to understand what goes into these instruments, the materials, finishes, shell types and the craftsmanship to make them look and sound like they do. So when I came upon this kit for less than $400 I had to jump on it. Cleaned, modified, repaired, cut new edges and buffed out. They look like I would have expected on the day they were born. TAMA Starclassic Maple shells with a single outer ply of chestnut wood finished in Sierra Gold Burst. One of a kind finish.

IMG_2698.JPG
IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2189.jpg
IMG_3412.jpg
IMG_1778 - Edited (1).jpg

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we’re talking finishes, then the Sonor Rosewood ranks as one of my very favorites.

Whenever I see both outer and inner ply Sonor Rosewood, I must be having the same response as guys who go crazy for Top Hat and Cane, or Gretsch’s Birdland Cadillac Green with gold appointments.

View attachment 476028
And that throne fits those Rosewoods nicely!

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 476028
I’m right there with ya

4ABBCD29-B416-432E-B911-2682CF702859.jpeg
E6950E22-3264-40C0-A750-EEB8DE3EC50C.jpeg

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
I know it should be burned out dead branches or something like that, but once I got the picture of darkened veins in my head that's all I see.