Cool R&B Songs?

Philly James

Reaction score
R&B gets lost in the shuffle (pun intended). Seriously, any R&B drummers out there? It’s one of my favorite genres, and the drums play such an important role in it.

I’ll offer this one up to kick it off. Please contribute!

jansara

Reaction score
Anything in the Stax catalog - Carla Thomas, Sam & Dave, Rufus Thomas, Otis, Isaac Hayes, Eddie Floyd, Rufus Thomas, "Wicked" Pickett, Mavis Staples, Al Jackson Jr., Johnnie Taylor, to name a few...

Philly James

Reaction score
Thanks for the great responses so far! I know there is a multitude of great R&B stuff, and drumming is the backbone that made them great! Keep them coming, PLEASE!!

Philly James

Reaction score
Anything in the Stax catalog - Carla Thomas, Sam & Dave, Rufus Thomas, Otis, Isaac Hayes, Eddie Floyd, Rufus Thomas, "Wicked" Pickett, Mavis Staples, Al Jackson Jr., Johnnie Taylor, to name a few...
Eddie Floyd!! A man after my own heart! Love Stax!

Darryl Hall version with Booker T:

Last edited:

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Eddie Floyd!! A man after my own heart! Love Stax!

Darryl Hall version with Booker T:

I saw Eddie Floyd with the Blues Brothers on a hot muggy night in Indianoplace, sweat was pouring off him and he started 'squeegeeing' his face with both hands and flinging it on the front row (I sheltered behind a lady with big hair) Blue Lou came to the front of the stage and, while he played his solo, Eddie started wiping the sweat on Lou's hair, by the time his solo was over he was soaked in Eddie's sweat and the front row too. Eddie was laughing, Lou was not and looked really peed off.
Here, Eddie is dry as a bone, I wonder how he got Trump to play drums on this one.

Latest posts