cool Zilco up on eBay (not mine)

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite ride cymbals is my early 1970s 22" Canadian Zilco, with the gradual sloping profile. There's one up on eBay right now that looks identical to mine, at a great price.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My bassist has a 20" on the kit in his basement where we usually practice, it's great!

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just checked... mine's even heavier. Around 2950.
To be clear, this isn't like a thin K, it's not trashy or washy. I don't even think it's hammered. But it's pretty, and very low pitched. At least mine is.

egw

Reaction score
That's the Dan Weiss cymbal. They're great. I was going to buy one of his off him years back but didn't, and am still kicking myself.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dudes, it's down to $79, steal of the century. I paid $100 for mine 35 years ago, and sold a 20 recently for $125.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Even if you "won" it for the starting bid, it's around $110 all-in after shipping and taxes. And these days, you can buy a very nice 60's Zildjian 22" for about that same price ($90-$120)....with a lot less risk of getting a clunker. That's the problem with the Azco Canada's. Not all are good. Many or most are sort of dry, dullish, with an old school vibe to them......like you took a standard Zildjian and cut a 1"x4" hunk out of the edge. Hit and Miss. This one has been relisted a number of times - not exactly strong interest.

Latest posts