Corder vs Austin Fibes drums

pete2016

Reaction score
I exchanged few messages with someone who owns a Corder snare, Gretsch snare and drums as well as Fibes Austin snare and drums. He stated that his corder snare had the same shell as his gretsch toms and fibes toms however his Fibes snare had the same shell as his Gretsch snare which both have a thicker shell. So if this is the case then Jasper made 2 different Maple/gum shell one thin and one that is thicker (thin maple quilt inner and outer ply and thicker gum and maple ply inside.

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
I only have one bop kit and two snare drums in my collection but, I'm a "Austin" era fan... IMO because of that beautiful 6ply Jasper sound and strong top shelf well made craftsmanship of each drum.

Trust me if, I could have found anymore Austin era snare drums & bop kits especially with old style railmounts, I would have purchased every one of them but unfortunately Fibes used big ugly tom mounts so, I passed on several of them.

As you can guess my bop kit was made somewhere around the 1999 to 2000 timeframe when Aqua Sparkle wrap was popular.

Attachments