Corey Henry and the Funk Apostles - might help right now

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
The band of the keyboard player from Snarky Puppy is a bit more accessible than that band. I've watched this before and think it might help some people right now.

The performance won't jar you. It keeps on a celebration feel and deep soul with funk grooves, and it gets out there in a good way on occasion.

Hope it does something right for all my drum family today. Please enjoy.

Browny

Reaction score
I caught them in NOLA in November 2018.

Landed that day, went out to a bar, saw a poster or something for Cory Henry and recognised the name so grabbed tickets on the door. Think the place was called One Eyed Jacks. Had a ball. They covered Stayin’ Alive which was unexpected too.

Funnily enough turns out he’s not the Corey Henry I was remembering... he’s a local guy who’s name I’d seen on a Galactic record. Ended up catching him later in the week too...

greegor

Reaction score
Love me some Corey too, great uplifting music! I'm getting ready to try layering videos of each of my band member covering the Apostle's version of Staying Alive.

AgentGreen

Reaction score
First time poster, here. I saw Cory Henry (without the Apostles) twice, and both shows were really good. After one of the shows I talked to the drummer, who I think is really good. But he was already quite drunk and didn't get much of a conversation going :) Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that I watched him all night, might have been creeped out by that :blush:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm automatically hooked as soon as I hear a Hammond tonewheel organ doing that certain magic thru a Leslie speaker. Grab those drawbars and let's go!

GeeDeeEmm