Coronavirus and other Off Topic stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exploder

Reaction score
Here in Australia there has been a huge panic buy of Toilet Paper....all the retailers have sold out... i don't get it..i can sort of understand stocking up on tinned food and water
but down here its just toilet paper !!
Is this a world wide problem of hoarding toilet paper ?
Maybe with the crashing Ozzie dollar toilet paper is the new currency .....................

MrYikes

Reaction score
My wife walked in with 2 huge bags of tp and one of paper towels. She said Sam's club was having a sale.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
We get paper towels, tissues and shidt wrap from the evil Amazon every month, and always have a couple dozen jugs of water on hand. Not preppers, my wife just never runs out of stuff without a backup.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here in Australia there has been a huge panic buy of Toilet Paper....all the retailers have sold out... i don't get it..i can sort of understand stocking up on tinned food and water
but down here its just toilet paper !!
Is this a world wide problem of hoarding toilet paper ?
Maybe with the crashing Ozzie dollar toilet paper is the new currency .....................
In central Ohio they just canceled most of the Arnold Sports and Fitness festival which is a huge event because of the virus. This is just a few days before the start of the event. People come in from all over the world for this. https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/dewine-ginther-to-discuss-coronavirus-preparations-for-arnold-sports-festival

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here in Thailand things have ground to a halt in terms of tourism, events, and generally we see a lot of panic. Chinese and Korean tourists were a mainstay of the tourist industry and the knock-on effect will be felt for months and will affect gigs as well as much else. No shortages of common household items but hand sanitizer products and masks are being hard to find. Health services here are regarded as world class at the high end even if often expensive so I am personally not worried on that score.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I remember back in 1973 when Johnny Carson, on the Tonight Show, made a comment in his monologue about a possible toilet paper shortage. There really wasn't going to be one, but his off the cuff remark caused one. This feels like the same thing.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Fear is a virus...it is wreaking more havoc than the virus itself...in this age of instant news and information the whole world can be put on alert in a day or two..I don't think the media outlets are being responsible in their coverage..they could tone down the rhetoric and create less panic....
Should the media emphasize that 96.6% who get Caronavirus don’t die?

Last edited:

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
We're usually well-stocked with the necessities at home, so we haven't been to Costco in a few weeks. We did stop by the Walmart that's near it and it seemed business as usual. I haven't heard of any major cancellations. There was a big music festival last weekend that went on normal, plus we have all the spring training games playing like scheduled. I'm just doing what I always do, avoid sneezing people, wash my hands often, and avoid touching public restroom door handles.

coronavirus-memes-45.jpg

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
One thing that I do splurge on is "Charmin Ultra Soft" TP. I won't go into details except that if I have a bad stomach, I don't want to feel like a baboon. I just realized that it is over a buck a roll. Well they call them double rolls. Back in the dorm days, we called the paper 100 grit sandpaper. Don't you hate the commercial paper holders that cause the paper to tear? I need to invent a dispenser that finds the end fast each time too. How about a dispenser that plays "Wipe Out"? Ace

Status
Not open for further replies.