Cowbell Mount Suggestions

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a large black LP bell with a ridge running down the length of the bell (not a Ridge Rider). I think its the bell Gadd used before it was called the Gadd bell. I previously mounted it with a clamp on my bass drum tom mount post. Worked well! However, currently, I'm playing a virgin bass drum and I can't find a good position clamping the bell to a cymbal stand. I looked at a bass hoop mount, but, I don't want to damage they hoop in the short term or long term. Any suggestions appreciated.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can attach it to a cymbal stand of your choice with a multiclamp and rod

oct20 001.JPG oct20 002.JPG oct20 003.JPG

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
well at least it wasn't demands. You asked Nice :cool:

you can attach it to a cymbal stand with a multiclamp and rod
That's what I've been doing, hovering over my FT. But, it's not optimal for the way I like to use it.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like things hanging off of my hoops an'at, I use a stand clamp mount like JDA posted.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrap your bass hoop with black material type tape.
It's war out there..

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wrap your bass hoop with black material type tape.
It's war out there..
Yeah, that's an option. If it were a small bell, I'd be more confident. But, a large bell would put twisting stress on the hoop that might cause damage over time. Trying to avoid that.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hang it off your center tom mount post
Just carry to the gig the entire cow with you,.let her hold it
This conversation never occured before the internet just keep in mind..

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Do you think that would hold up with a large cowbell?
I use it with one of the larger LP cowbells and it has never slipped, not even a little. It's also highly adjustable and you can place and tilt the cowbell at any angle you want. I clamp it to my floor tom rim, sometimes placing it to the far right, sometime in the center between the snare and floor tom. I think it is mainly intended for clamping to a standard metal tom or snare rim (not the bass drum, and not a cymbal stand). The claw is one of my favorite accessories, and I sometimes use it for other percussion instruments as well. Get the percussion version, not the mic version.

KevinD

Reaction score
EDITED: PHOTO INSERTED

I use an LP claw (it is actually a mic claw but it is inverted..same effect) and I mount the claw on my FT.

Very solid, adjustable a bunch of different ways. I've had it mounted over the FT head ala the old way Steve Gadd did it, but also put it so the mouth of the bell is facing toward the the HH, just about over my knee. That is good for certain things as I can hit it with both hands without too much effort if needed.
COWBELL.jpg

Last edited:

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've got the long LP Mambo bell. Try this thing from Tama. With a small Z rod you can mount your bell on your floor tom and because you can swivel the Z rod itself and your cowbell on the rod, you can easily position it to give yourself enough clearance.

https://www.tama.com/usa/products/detail/mc8.html

Or if you have a center post on your bass drum, you can simply attach a multiclamp and fly the cowbell off of that. You can also rotate the clamp if you want to set the cowbell more offcenter.

GrayMatter022.JPG

Last edited:

Coolvan

Reaction score
I have two different cowbells 4 inch and a 6in. The 4in mounted
IMG_20201023_221411.jpg
on my bass drum hoop but the 6in is on a Gibraltar ball clamp that's clamped to one of my cymbal stan
IMG_20201023_221428.jpg
IMG_20201023_221411.jpg
ds