Cozy Powell . . .

drums147

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I stumbled across this on YouTube . . . one of the best drummers that ever lived . . . COZY POWELL . . . R.I.P. . . . enjoy . . . NAD

Sonorlite

Forgive him for he knows not what he does.
Reaction score
I can recall that as a kid - Inspirational ........and still have the vinyl, somewhere!

I found Cozy on this Gary Moore Old Grey Whistle Test video - Simon Phillips did the album. Theres a few tracks from this recording on YT

Kevin OConnor

DFO Star
Reaction score
Cozy Powell; powerful drummer. That performance is from the Pete York Super Drumming video volume I.

There are three Pete York super Drumming videos. Other talented percussionists on the volume I video: Louie Bellson, Gerry Brown, Bill Bruford, Billy Cobham, Dave Mattacks, Nicko McBrain, Nippy Noya, Ian Paice, Simon Phillips, Cozy Powell, Freddie Santiago, Zak Starkey and Pete York.

kip

DFO Master
Reaction score
I stumbled across this on YouTube . . . one of the best drummers that ever lived . . . COZY POWELL . . . R.I.P. . . . enjoy . . . NAD

that clip was from the 3 part series by Pete York called "Super Drumming"
some good stuff in those vids.... some horrible fashion sense though!

PaiceFan

Reaction score
Cozy was one of the all time great Rock Drummers for sure! I'm glad his name comes up on these forums now and again. How great is that Thin Lizzy video that featured him as well as The Late Gary Moore? Gary had to be one of the best all around guitar players ever. Great Stuff

Kevin OConnor

DFO Star
Reaction score

that clip was from the 3 part series by Pete York called "Super Drumming"
some good stuff in those vids.... some horrible fashion sense though!
Kip,
The DVD copy of Pete York's Super Drumming volume I lists track1 as Cozy Powell, Pete York and Band; "Dance With The Devil"

http://www.deep-purple.net/review-files/superdrum/superdrumming.htm

I only have vol I and II of the Super Drumming series. Maybe "Dancing With The Devil" is on volume III as well.

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
listen to ''rough and ready'' and the ''orange album'' with the jeff beck group. there is film of this band on youtube.

pbloxam

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's from the Super Drumming series. Got them all.Good to read someone's familiar with the DVDs I have both the original VHS as dvd didn't exist when it was first introduced.
Great drumming and musicianship! Wolfgang Schmidt is a monster on bass and works with Marco M. occasionally!

Peter W. is a phenom on guitar. So many sick players on these releases!

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RIP Cozy

You are one of the best!

Latest posts