Cozy Powell's Hammer Kit!

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Cool to see the kit in a Ludwig Legacy configuration.
http://www.ludwig-drums.com/drumkits/legacyclassic.php

If I were to order a kit it would be a Legacy 14x24/8x12/14x14/16x16 in red sparkle w/ mach lugs & B/O badges as a nod to Cozy Powell but in my sizes.

Shawn M

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
ooo, this means I can get a 14" floor tom, 3 ply with rings for less then a kidney now!

Richie Paradise

Reaction score
Cozy was from just outside Bristol where I'm from and live, occasionally you'll meet someone who knew him. Bizarrely when i was a much younger man and worked in a builders yard, the radio played Dance With The Devil and a guy in the shop mentioned he used to walk to skool with Cozy.

I love that he still used trad grip (as well as matched grip) even in the heyday of Heavy Metal, now that's Metal :occasion5:

PaiceFan

Reaction score
Cozy Rules. Great looking kit but I could do without the black bass drum heads. I worshiped Cozy since Rainbow but I never remember him with a 14" floortom on the left. He used that red sparkle kit on "Rainbow Rising" just a Monster drum sound! anybody know what that kit retails for?View attachment 107450

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw Cozy play that kit when Rainbow toured USA opening for REO Speedwagon. Great show!

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Cozy Rules. Great looking kit but I could do without the black bass drum heads. I worshiped Cozy since Rainbow but I never remember him with a 14" floortom on the left. He used that red sparkle kit on "Rainbow Rising" just a Monster drum sound! anybody know what that kit retails for?View attachment 107450
Yes the black heads really take aWAY from the kit, they should be white. I also noticed that 14" floor tom to the left. It wasn't Ludwig that came up with this as it says "designed by ____ ". I think this was just an added tom that the guy ordering wanted.

PaiceFan

Reaction score
Yeah it was Jason Sutter who got Ludwig to make the kit. Jason plays some real cool Ludwig kits and alot of them feature Mach lugs.

Latest posts