Cracked shell repair

Ash

Reaction score
Hello,

Having a midlife crisis I decided I must learn to drum. Went online and purchased a Tama Swingstar kit. After unboxing, I noticed a hairline crack running the length of the Tom shell along the lugs. Anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this? It doesn’t look very deep, but I’d like to repair it if possible to prevent it from going deeper.

Thanks!

Attachments

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Does it extend to the bearing edges? It may just be a ply separation although odd....
was it a new drum? If so, for sure return it.....

Ash

Reaction score
Hello,

Having a midlife crisis I decided I must learn to drum. Went online and purchased a Tama Swingstar kit. After unboxing, I noticed a hairline crack running the length of the Tom shell along the lugs. Anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this? It doesn’t look very deep, but I’d like to repair it if possible to prevent it from going deeper.

Thanks!
Does it extend to the bearing edges? It may just be a ply separation although odd....
was it a new drum? If so, for sure return it.....
It is a used 1998(?) kit. It does not extend into the bearing edge.

Salem street drums

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
I’d leave it be. I might would address it if it gets worse. Pretty common when plys are bent to make vertical grain shells. If it gets worse drop some CA glue in it.

Ash

Reaction score
I’d leave it be. I might would address it if it gets worse. Pretty common when plys are bent to make vertical grain shells. If it gets worse drop some CA glue in it.
Thanks! I’ll try this and keep a eye on it.

Latest posts