Craigs list rogers mardi gras

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
AR, you're right. I scored a 5 piece DW kit (I assumed PDP due to cheap price!) and asked him to email me pics. Well, he posted them on CList and next thing you know, there were 2 other people ready to jump on it. He at least had the decency to offer it to me as first in line and I jumped on it. I sold the snare & cymbals/stands to cover the cost of the entire kit, then sold/traded the 3 toms (8x8, 8x10, 10x14) for 2 other sized ones (8x12, 12x14) AND a bronze Black Beauty player, and with the bass (w/internal May mike), have a killer 12/14/18 kit! But it was mere minutes away from my reach.........I actually never heard back from the guy so I had started to drive home (it was on a business trip) and once he contacted me, I turned around and drove back 2 hours - it was well worth it!

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man I miss the days of looking at a want advertiser or a local news paper, seeing an ad and buying the set. The internet has kind of ruined some of the fun of the hunt.
Miss the 'White Paper' in NSMD!

Gunnellett

Reaction score
I asked what folks what think the set might be worth because there has been a lot of interest in this set....especially concerning the ethics of how the set may change hands. However, no one has been willing to give a value. Desirable, yes. But that doesn't mean a thing for value.

To say the value is what someone is willing to pay is an easy answer anyone can give.

Last edited:

parkermike

Reaction score
It's my understanding there weren't very many sets in this finish with beavertails. If somebody along the line switched out the original lugs for beavertails the shell would have to be drilled out. That would not be good for resale. That along with finding original tall boy reso hoops, would it really be worth the trouble?
Oh and I was really curious to find out about the cymbals that were with it too.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
...you ok? Why get so triggered over an opinion? You'll live.
You're the one that posted about the "1000% markup", so it only makes sense to conclude that it really upset you that they're out of your price range now. Since it seems like a big deal to you, I just suggested that you make what you would consider to be a reasonable offer. Apparently, you're not that interested, which leads me to conclude that you just like to complain on a public forum. If you don't want someone to offer an opinion on your posts, think twice about making them.