Craigs list rogers mardi gras

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I asked what folks what think the set might be worth because there has been a lot of interest in this set....especially concerning the ethics of how the set may change hands. However, no one has been willing to give a value. Desirable, yes. But that doesn't mean a thing for value.

To say the value is what someone is willing to pay is an easy answer anyone can give.
Well, ultimately that's what it comes down to. One way to find out is to contact the new owner and ask.
And just because the deal didn't get done the way you and a couple of other forum members hoped it would get done doesn't make it unethical.

Trilock_Gurtu

Reaction score
You're the one that posted about the "1000% markup", so it only makes sense to conclude that it really upset you that they're out of your price range now. Since it seems like a big deal to you, I just suggested that you make what you would consider to be a reasonable offer. Apparently, you're not that interested, which leads me to conclude that you just like to complain on a public forum. If you don't want someone to offer an opinion on your posts, think twice about making them.
I see, so now my opinion is now "complaining". You sound like a blast at a party. Move on, guy.

Trilock_Gurtu

Reaction score
Well, ultimately that's what it comes down to. One way to find out is to contact the new owner and ask.
And just because the deal didn't get done the way you and a couple of other forum members hoped it would get done doesn't make it unethical.
Lol...you really can't let something go, huh.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Personally I would give one gazillion u.s.d. for them.................

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
First, to Trilock_Gurtu and Gunnellett - My apologies for taking things out on you guys. This discussion got overheated, and that's on me.
Here's what got things going for me - we had what turned out to be a collectible drum set show up in a craigslist ad. It apparently got the attention of collectors, or at least a collector, and ended up in a drum shop in Florida. That didn't sit too well with some forum members, and it seemed to me that it became "The evil drum shop taking advantage of some poor unsuspecting craigslist seller and putting the drums up for sale and making an obscene profit." thread. The comments about a 1000% markup and hinting that there was something unethical about what went down are what pushed me to react like I did. After I thought about it a while, I thought that maybe your expectations are different from mine. Maybe you're thinking that drums listed for sale by an individual in a craigslist ad should only end up in the hands of another individual, which is probably the way most CL ads end up working. Drum shops, especially those from another part of the country don't need to get involved. If that's the way you're looking at it, I can appreciate where you're coming from. Where am I coming from? I grew up with drum shops, places you could go into and see and play things first hand. I really admire those drum shops that are left because every day that goes by, it gets harder to make a buck and keep the doors open. Whether it's the big box stores or Amazon and Walmart, drums are just SKU's in their computers. They don't care what it is. So, if a drum shop can buy a vintage drum set off a craigslist ad because it's something those guys don't sell and can make some money off it that will help them keep the doors open, then I'm in favor of it. Maybe some of you are at the point that you think drum shops are a thing of the past, and that you're fine with getting everything you need off your phone or computer. Maybe drums and musical instruments will end up just like office supplies. If that's the way it goes, I'm way closer to the end than the beginning, so I'll just hang it up, but to those of you that are just getting started, good luck.

Gunnellett

Reaction score
Hey ARGuy. Nothing taken personal for me and I also apologize if I offended anyone. I just didn't respond anymore because I didn't want to get into a thing (especially someone I haven't met and can't put a face to) as I probably wasn't articulating my point well. I understand what you are saying. I love going to drum shops and wish we had more. It will be a sad day when young kids can no longer go to a brick and mortar store and get excited over seeing a lineup of drum sets with images of rocking out on stage like their drum heros. Or to have a place to take your kids for lessons as I did.

People buying things from a distance doesn't bother me either. I do it.

I have just heard too many times, and also been on the receiving end, of someone being excited because they just found a killer kit they thought they would never find and/or afford just to have the carpet pulled out from under them on the way to pick up the kit at an agreed upon price. It happens, it's business, and it's life. I get it, but it still stinks.

Last edited: