Craigslist score today

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm on a short vacation with my honey (21 years we've been married!) and I saw this on CL last night. Emailed the fellow right away and he held it for me. I asked Mr Curotto if it was worth snapping up and he answered in the affirmitive. Don't know how long the ad will be up but I will post pics when I return home.

What have I got here?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/2493213359.html

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
nice. looks to me like a 20's 2 piece heavy shell nickel plated brass model to me. well done. :icon_smile:

mike

Night Mission

Reaction score
I want the $2 five day trial offer in the ad! Imagine that! That's awesome!

Nice drum score too!

atomicmorganic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what the actual dimensions are. 20s NOBs are the bees knees as far as I'm concerned.

brhythm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like you mighta scored twice! One with a drum, one with the marriage.

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
I definitely did score twice. I have a wonderful bride!

I may need to make more trips... Last time we went somewhere I scored a Super Sensitive!

I did get a chance to measure today. It's a 15"x4" model. Kinda cool because I have never seen a snare this size before. Pics later this weekend. It's in okay shape I guess. There is a lot of pitting on the shell and rims. I assume this is really NOB? It sure does shine in those photos but I don't know if they chromed shells back then. I am sure it will need a ton of rehab. I'll be asking a lot of questions on this one.... I know DFO is up to the task of walking me through this one!

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
nice find bee... i turned mine into a players drum years ago. mine had the throw on the rim. i have a gretsch die cast snare side , and a tama die cast batter side. this drum is 4x14 6 lugger , and it sounds real good. i also had to install a ludwig piccolo throw .
also congrats on 21 yrs.

Latest posts