Crappy subject- gig after a colonoscopy

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I was called for a gig the same night as I get this procedure done during the day. I would like to but I’m not sure...has anyone else been in the same situation?

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I came out of mine, had a big brunch and was fine the rest of the day. Shouldn't be an issue.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 so far. No issues after either one. I didn't have a gig, but I did work an overnight shift after the second one.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Turns out the drummer in the band can do the gig but good to know the above in case something else comes up!

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Every one I've had done required me not to drive within 3-4 hours after, due to possible residual anesthesia effects. My daughter had to drive me home each time. So, if you were done in the morning, you might be OK. I'm sure you'd be briefed before the appointment.

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having been through several colonoscopes, all under general anesthesia , I would not want to play a gig the same night. Tremendous gas pains afterwards because they pump air up there. Plus there's the recovery from general anesthesia.

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A gig the night of the prep for the colonoscopy? No way in %#^<. But a gig the evening of the procedure? I’d probably go for it.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Having been through several colonoscopes, all under general anesthesia , I would not want to play a gig the same night. Tremendous gas pains afterwards because they pump air up there. Plus there's the recovery from general anesthesia.
hmmmmmm; i never thought of "anal leakage" while on the drum stool!

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Sigmoid isn't a big deal but they put you under for the full scope. I had had a sigmoid done before. When they went to prep me for anesthesia I asked if I could skip it, as I had some fire department training I was hoping to do that evening. The nurses looked at each other like the Albino in The Princess Bride and shook their heads.

p83

DFO Master
Reaction score
i did it once. all was fine, but i think i had a little anesthesia hangover and a couple times felt a bit off.

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The anesthesia always leaves me feeling bad for most of the day. I have had it done a number of times since I was 40, and it's always the same. I have had problems with it after surgeries too.

My wife is totally unaffected by anesthesia, we are all different I guess.