Crash/Rides Opinions?

Jonnymac

Reaction score
The next crash I get will probably be an updated (since 2008?) A or the Avedis A, and probably 19 or 20" crash/ride.

It's a matter of being willing to pay a bit more for the Avedis to get that next level of complexity and richness, or a more simple but good sound from a regular A for less money. Both sound really good to me.
I like the bells on the Avedis more. The Avedis will also be a little lighter than the Regular A Crash Ride/Medium Thin Crash

texasshawn16

Reaction score
I had a 20" K CrashRide. It was awesome & I wish I still had it. It was a great crash/decent ride. It was great for crash riding. Also, my brother used to an A Zildjian 18" Crash Ride which was a beautiful cymbal.
Thats what i ended up going with. I called musicians friend and got one for a good deal. Should be here Tuesday!

Ncrhythmman

Reaction score
I had a 20in Dream "Vintage" Bliss and while it did everything you stated it also had a big wash that would end up in a roar when really sticked. So I sold it. After I realized I should have gone with the "straight Bliss" series as they are really what I was after. I found it in the 19in Sabian, HXX Legacy Dave Wechl. Different strokes for different folks.
I was really surprised at the great sound of my 17 Bliss crash/ride. Washes out perfect for the music I play. A 20, yeah, I can see where u may have too much Wash w a 20...