Cream royal albert hall 2005

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share one of my favorite performances from this amazing concert. Clapton's solo blows me away everytime I hear this. And until today I never realized just how light a touch ginger has on that ride cymbal. Just an amazing performance imho.

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree. I was shifting music around on my ipod when I remembered that I had this concert so I put in on along with a bunch of other albums on Sunday and this has been the only album I've listened to since then.

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
there's a whole host of 60's era concerts on youtube that they performed and almost all of them completely kill

Obiwandrumobe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
killer drum sound too. Ginger always had incredible drum sounds no matter DW or Ludwig.
--------------------------------------
It mattered - the DW's with dampened heads sounded like sheeet compared to Ginger's classic open throated Ludwigs. But he was unfortunately long parted with Ludwig who he referred to in my presence as "wankers".

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share one of my favorite performances from this amazing concert. Clapton's solo blows me away everytime I hear this. And until today I never realized just how light a touch ginger has on that ride cymbal. Just an amazing performance imho.

This belongs in the - do rock drummers play rolls - thread.

Nubs

Reaction score

I was enthralled with this concert the first time I saw it. Simply superb! I love Clapton's tone throughout and Ginger's drums are like sex for the ears!

langmick

Reaction score
Clapton's feel and tone, this tune knocks me out, gives me chills every time, especially going into the chorus. When he hits the solo, wow. Steve Gadd on drums.

Sounds great really loud.

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Gadd and Clapton is interesting. Hey, getting back to Stormy Monday, how many of you know what "The eagle flies on Friday" means? Say yes or no, but don't spoil it for a while. Ace

Obiwandrumobe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Apparently for reasons only known to Ludwig they refused or wouldn't give him a kit for the reunion 2005 RAH gig&DW did.
-------------------------------------
Ludwig wouldn't support Ginger during his mid 90's Denver Jazz Quartet gig at Iridium NYC and DW stepped in. Way before RAH 2005. I know - he almost hit me when I asked him in his dressing room where the Ludwigs are and was saved when Max Roach walked in which diverted him from rage to joy.

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic!
Makes me think that the band (any band) isn’t going where the drummer doesn’t want to (or can’t) go. Also the beautiful spaciousness of Jack and Ginger’s playing. What a great performance! Thanks for hipping us to it.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gadd and Clapton is interesting. Hey, getting back to Stormy Monday, how many of you know what "The eagle flies on Friday" means? Say yes or no, but don't spoil it for a while. Ace
Yes my parents taught me what 'eagle flies on Friday' means (I think).

Cream RAH 2005 is a great set of shows. Nice that they dialed the sound down from earlier Cream days, and its much better, although this is a pretty good older Cream show

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Does everyone know or nobody knows? Laugh! Anyway, Friday is payday. Ace