CRS cymbal isolation

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
These look cool. Anyone here use or have tried them?

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
The only thing that has kept me from trying them is the price. I'm sure they're well made, probably machined, and maybe the exchange rate adds to the cost, but $60 each . . .

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, if your having trouble with Drum mounted cymbals transferring sounds through the drum, this could be a big plus. Yes the price is a little steep but considering what we are paying for Tom Isolation mounts, they are close to the ball park.

So, if you really need them...also I can see why you might need them in a studio environment.

sherm

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
After watching the videos on the website, I gotta have one. I have two cymbals I hardly ever use due to humming, that's wasted money just setting in the closet.

Now should I buy just one or should I get the three pack? :D

sherm

FYI: I didn't read all of the add; apparently they don't have a USA dealer. The price is an estimate for the US plus shipping. Hummmmm...I'll have to think about that.

Last edited:

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
After watching the videos on the website, I gotta have one. I have two cymbals I hardly ever use due to humming, that's wasted money just setting in the closet.

Now should I buy just one or should I get the three pack? :D

sherm

FYI: I didn't read all of the add; apparently they don't have a USA dealer. The price is an estimate for the US plus shipping. Hummmmm...I'll have to think about that.
that was my concern as well. 3 cost the same in shipping....PM me and maybe we could work something out!

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’d love to know if these do THAT much better of a job isolating a cymbal from the hardware vs Cympads.

Ptrick

Reaction score
I’ve used a spring with a rubber grommet on top on problem stands/cymbals with great success. Steal a spring from another piece of drum hardware, and rubber grommets can be had cheap at any hardware store in the toilet parts section.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The closed cell, high density foam pads work fine for me... and they're lots cheaper.

Obiwandrumobe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to hear a side by side with a regular cymbal stand.

I know when I play, some of the drunks in the audience complain that my cymbals don't resonate quite enough when we play Mustang Sally and Brown Eyed Girl.
——————
Yous beesht, yous!

Latest posts