Current Band, Playing some Blues

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Nicely done. Your singing is excellent as well!

Kcmcc

Reaction score
Didn't mean to post only songs I sang. Everybody but the keyboard player does some singing in this group, so here's a couple more with our newest member on Vox. We aren't really a blues band per se, but the current set is heavy on blues (among other things, the shared form helped the new guy get worked into things quicker, though a couple of these are decidedly non-standard blues forms)

Kcmcc

Reaction score
You got a nice shuffle on you!
Thanks, man! I have to work on it (them really) almost constantly just to try to keep it up to "ok"! it's interesting, we played 9 tunes (out of 22) that had at least some shuffle section to them, and these two are kind of outliers - on most of the rest I play some kind of double shuffle as the main groove, but on Stack o Lee the record doesn't have a shuffled snare, so I don't do it (the record DOES have a partially shuffled bass drum, but I also don't do that, cause I can't pull that off while singing). If somebody else was singing "Next Time You See" I'd probably double shuffle it, but getting rid of the doubled snare, and then peppering it in during solos makes it a lot smoother while singing.

Kcmcc

Reaction score
Smooth Bro, bands gotten really good , quality balanced recording. Drums & vocals top notch.
Thanks buddy, this project has been very slow coming together and is a major labor of love for me and the lead guitar player (well they both play solos, but the guy with the tele). It's basically what we think our old band should have evolved into if our front-man hadn't wanted to coast and just do stuff he was already comfy with.

Latest posts