Custom Hoops

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been trying to get in contact with Angel hoops for months. I believe I got a response once but that was a long time ago, and for some reason I can't find it anywhere. I get the bad address return email when I send messages to any of their listed addresses.

Does anybody have an idea of where I can have custom metal hoops made?
I need 17", 12-hole hoops. I know, I know. Good luck! Right?

I guess I can always do wood hoops and claws, but I sure would like metal.

Any help is appreciated!

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Angel has been almost entirely missing from Ebay, Reverb, and social media for at least a year now. They pop up and list a snare once in a rare while, but nothing like the steady output of a couple years ago.

Try A&F? I’ve seen some other high end handmade brands with house-made metal hoops, but I don’t recall which ones. Maybe Cherry Hill? Or you could go cast bronze, from Oriollo or Savage etc.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Angel has been almost entirely missing from Ebay, Reverb, and social media for at least a year now. They pop up and list a snare once in a rare while, but nothing like the steady output of a couple years ago.

Try A&F? I’ve seen some other high end handmade brands with house-made metal hoops, but I don’t recall which ones. Maybe Cherry Hill? Or you could go cast bronze, from Oriollo or Savage etc.
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions?

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
I tried the websites contact and also got a failed to send. But I did manage to successfully send an email by typing the address -

rob@angeldrums.com

Whether it gets there and gets a reply, idk. I would contact one of Angels retailers like Steve Maxwell or DCP and see if they can order you a pair. They may very well have a direct line that we can’t get.

If that fails, it’d probably be relatively easy to get stainless or brass or whatever no flange hoops made and throw some clips on that bad Larry.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I tried the websites contact and also got a failed to send. But I did manage to successfully send an email by typing the address -

rob@angeldrums.com

Whether it gets there and gets a reply, idk. I would contact one of Angels retailers like Steve Maxwell or DCP and see if they can order you a pair. They may very well have a direct line that we can’t get.

If that fails, it’d probably be relatively easy to get stainless or brass or whatever no flange hoops made and throw some clips on that bad Larry.

They got back to me finally and said that they can't do it, to expensive to make the molds. No problem.

I would love to do metal hoops and clips but I have no idea where is find 17" metal hoops.

Any ideas?

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
They got back to me finally and said that they can't do it, to expensive to make the molds. No problem.

I would love to do metal hoops and clips but I have no idea where is find 17" metal hoops.

Any ideas?
Yeah, I think I could come up with some likely prospects... What state are you in? If we can find a local guy, you can save on shipping and have a hook-up for any future projects.

Do you have a 17” hoop to get a measurement? Like is it 17” outside diameter or inside (or is it not 17” at all)?

How about thickness - 2.0mm close enough? I don’t know if a non-drum machine shop or whatever would have tenths of a mm stock, like 1.6 or 2.3, but it’s a safe bet that they would have say 2.0mm stainless or the like.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I could come up with some likely prospects... What state are you in? If we can find a local guy, you can save on shipping and have a hook-up for any future projects.

Do you have a 17” hoop to get a measurement? Like is it 17” outside diameter or inside (or is it not 17” at all)?

How about thickness - 2.0mm close enough? I don’t know if a non-drum machine shop or whatever would have tenths of a mm stock, like 1.6 or 2.3, but it’s a safe bet that they would have say 2.0mm stainless or the like.
I'm in Michigan. I'll get a measurement on the shell diameter.

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
I'm in Michigan. I'll get a measurement on the shell diameter.
How about a drumhead? The collar measurements would be good if there’s no hoop at hand. Maybe someone else around here has a 17” hoop to measure?

HELLOOOO? DOES ANYONE HAVE A 17” HOOP TO MEASURE??

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How about a drumhead? The collar measurements would be good if there’s no hoop at hand. Maybe someone else around here has a 17” hoop to measure?

HELLOOOO? DOES ANYONE HAVE A 17” HOOP TO MEASURE??

Haha. I lost track of this thread. I just measured a 17" head I have. The metal collar, inside to inside, is exactly 17".

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
To avoid weird splay issues, wouldnt I also need to measure how far out the lugs are from the shell?

Latest posts