Custom made Starclassics in house

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Finally received these: Starclassic Maple - Cherry Black. Brand new, custom built in Japan. 20x14" bass drum and 15x14" floor tom to match my existing kit.

Im really stoked about these. The bass drum has clear Emperors on both sides, no port, KickPro pillow inside; PUNCH!

audiochurch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
nice!!!! i once owned an original Starclassic birch kit. incredible, just like yours. very cool

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That really is a gorgeous finish.

Looking forward to seeing these set up with some of their mates.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dan Radin said:
Are these MIJ drums available to the general public, or endorsers only?
Dan, add on drums/sizes are available from the Japan factory as long as they still have the material needed (wrap, laquer etc.). Lead time is 5 months and the price tag is similar to the Star series. You should be able to get a quote from a Tama dealer.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
singleflammedmill said:
The only thing missing is a matching snare.
Cherry Black rules!
For sale? ;-)

If I ever stumble upon a 6.5x14" 8 (16) lug drum in Cherry Black I would love it.

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beauty. Your setup looks pretty spread out. Can you reach the 15 floor behind the other floors OK? Is your high hat pedal distance to your lead kick pedal far away or, is it just the picture?

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
clowndog said:
Beauty. Your setup looks pretty spread out. Can you reach the 15 floor behind the other floors OK? Is your high hat pedal distance to your lead kick pedal far away or, is it just the picture?
I set the kit up this way purely to make a foto of all the drums together. I did sit down behind it and reaching the 16" floor tom behind the others was no problem. But I'm a big guy with long arms.

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt
Reaction score
Tama's Starclassic Maple drums are some of my favorite drums of all time. Those are gorgeous! Wow! Congratulations, Halldor!