Cymbal arm w clamp for hihat stand?

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
Wow - this is HUGELY helpful. Can you help me understand exactly what you have coming off the hihat stand. I see the Pearl attachment (which looks different in your pic than in the one you posted again, and then it looks like two different boom arms? ) You're accomplishing pretty close to exactly what I want to do - I just want to understand all the pieces.

Clamp on the HH is the AX-25L. It is just pictured at at different angle than the pic I pulled off the Pearl web-site.
The clamp holds just the one boom cymbal arm like Blueshadow shows in his post. (top pic) for the cymbal.
Just the two pieces.

I think what you are seeing is the lever on my drop clutch and the hi hat rod. Now that I look back at it, it does look a little messy from that angle but it was the best angle to show what I did.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
Ended up springing for the Gibraltar ultra adjust boom arm and the Pearl Ax25L clamp. Ironically the two combine to cost more than I paid for the splash, but I really dig the flexibility they’ll offer (I hope). Will post a pic when I’ve got em set up.

You posted while I was typing. :hello2:

That should work for you.

Blisco

Reaction score
A Ludwig Atlas scissor lift is exactly what you need. I've been using this for years and it's perfect for getting around the hats. I have basic clamp with a 1/2" tilter on the end. Add a 4-6" 1/2" rod (also Atlas) and clamp away. The best part: breakdown simply requires taking the lift off the rod, leaving the short rod attached too, and packing it all up. The clamp stays on the hi hat and is ready to go.

Attachments

shnootre

Reaction score
A Ludwig Atlas scissor lift is exactly what you need. I've been using this for years and it's perfect for getting around the hats. I have basic clamp with a 1/2" tilter on the end. Add a 4-6" 1/2" rod (also Atlas) and clamp away. The best part: breakdown simply requires taking the lift off the rod, leaving the short rod attached too, and packing it all up. The clamp stays on the hi hat and is ready to go.
Holy crap, that DOES look like exactly what I need. Hmm... placed my Sweetwater app last night - but might be able to switch it. Thank you!

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use the Gibraltar SC- GCA to fly a 12" crash off my hi-hat. In the first pic the hi-hat stand is a Yamaha. Later on, in effort to lighten my hardware even more, I switched to a lighter Gibraltar hi-hat that has a thinner upper tube. Because the clamp wouldn't close down enough to grab that smaller diameter tube, I went to the hardware store and got some black rubber tubing to slide over the stand's upper tube, making it thick enough for the clamp to grab. (Second and third pix show the Gibraltar hi-hat with the black rubber sleeve on the upper tube.) Cheap fix, problem solved.

GrayMatter016.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

TamaBop-cropped.jpg

ThomasL

Reaction score
As I didn't need a tilter, I made my own long/large L rod from 8mm aluminum. Drilled and tapped a M6 hole and put in a piece of threaded rod. Added a large washer, rubber tuning and a Camber T Top.

You cannot really see it here, but you see where the splash ends up:

shnootre

Reaction score
Ended up w the AXL25 and Gibraltar ultra adjustable boom. It works - and it’s clearly overkill for a splash. But I’ll do this for now - and I am sure this combo will provide all kinds of possibilities in the future.
A4D22B3D-1330-4CC1-A334-8444C6E9E0E7.jpeg
CBB58FED-AAB1-4CE1-8A1E-C675D9FA3059.jpeg