Cymbal Bag Recommendation

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a great cymbal bag recommendation?

I’m not looking to cut corners here. I don’t want to say money is no object, but I’m also looking for what some say is high quality.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, I've got a bunch. Cac Sac, Tackle, Reunion Blues,older Sabian ones. I wouldn't recommend much to be honest. To do it again ? and I'm fussy.... Momo.. I dont' own one but the ones I have I don't really like.

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Momo? Do you mean Mono? These look really nice.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Momo? Do you mean Mono? These look really nice.

Yeah. Pm me if you want more elaborate opinions. Both the tackle and reunion look cool and seem fine when you futz with them. But in real life they fall short. For me.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
For nylon, I really like the Mono bag. For leather, Pie Safe and Cac Sac are great.

I absolutely despise the Tackle brand gear. It's just cosmetics for people who want to look cool, but worthless in every other way. Plus they advertise it as though it was something they hand make in their shop, but it's made overseas in some factory.

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tackle makes som pretty cool bags.. Or Cac-sac..
For nylon, I really like the Mono bag. For leather, Pie Safe and Cac Sac are great.

I absolutely despise the Tackle brand gear. It's just cosmetics for people who want to look cool, but worthless in every other way. Plus they advertise it as though it was something they hand make in their shop, but it's made overseas in some factory.
If you think looking like you’re going fishing cool, I guess. :)

These leather Cac Sac ones are crazy expensive. The Mono price of $190 stunned me, but I can be okay with for quality but Cac Sac’s for $240, wow

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m getting a lot of recommendations. It’s almost like I’m back where I started: Protection Racket, Beato 1, Tackle, Cac Sac, Mono, Tama Power Pad, Reunion Blues... :)

Reunion Blues used to make great bags. How many cymbals are you schlepping around?
Usually 5 including hats.

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
I bought a leather stick bag from Reunion Blues and had an issue with the zipper. I made one call. I sent them the old one and they sent me a brand new one. I can't say about any of the others as I have not dealt with them. Good customer service is rare. That's why I don't play Mapex stuff. Horrible experience with them.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I recently went with the top of the line Ahead Cymbal bag. Loved it BUT I noticed it was wearing through the bottom. Not good. I’m waiting for my local drum shop to get the go ahead on warrantying it. Hadn’t happened yet. No with the shop closed because of COVID crisis..