Cymbal Bag Recommendation

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I figured the size of older ones would work better in the bag. Plus your way you'd always have a spare clutch.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I figured the size of older ones would work better in the bag. Plus your way you'd always have a spare clutch.
actually it's fourth, fifth, maybe third in line...(spare clutch "for set" ride in duffle (or wherever bag) This "One for Cymbals" stays in (and near) the bag- (at all times soldier) it's part of the "Cymbal packing" operation..an integral operational part..Hup two three four Hup..
(you can't mistake it's so freaking ugly you'd never use it on your set

Attachments

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ahead isn't the cheapest out there, but this looks like a good deal:

I have that one, it's a great bag and definitely worth the money. It'll survive a bomb going off. The only kinda eh thing about it is the wool separators, they make it a bit of a pain to get cymbals in and out.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I’ve owned a couple of Zildjian bags and some other music Store branded cymbal bags but my protection racket has out lived them all and has no signs of deteriorating. That said if I need another bag I would be giving the mono bag a shot.

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
Speaking of Zildjian bags...my old plough mule I bought for $40 after my $175 Mono bag (and contents) was stolen. This was all I could afford at the time, and it served me for 10 years.

If you look closely, the zipper tabs broke and were replaced with binder clips. When the bottom started to come apart, Gorilla tape kept it going for another four years.

Did the trick until I got my Humes & Berg. Lots of memories stored in that bag.....
597A5D11-12FD-43A5-8551-46F2F109B432.jpeg

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The new Tama ones. Powerpad. I got one sorta by mistake at Christmas because I had it in my inbox and now it's my favorite bag. Not super-protective, but certainly good enough for local gigs, and I adore the dividers and the look of the thing.
Ooh, thanks for the pointer. Matches my red Tama stick bag.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Mono bags are great. I've actually checked one as luggage on an airplane instead of using a hardcase on someone's recommendation, and so far, so good. [Runs off to knock on wood somewhere...]
I had a Sabian backpag bag for a long time and one feature I really grew to love (other than the backpack straps) was that huge pocket that let you put the stick bag in the cymbal bag. It meant that for most local gigs, all I needed was to grab my cymbal bag, and I'd be set. When that wore out, I ended up getting a Gator/Protechtor Cymbal Backpack. It's basically a better-made version of the Sabian bag, and wearing it has a backpack is waaaaay more comfortable thanks to a padded back, padded and contoured shoulder straps and a sternum strap. It's my main bag for local gigs - very highly recommended. https://www.gatorcases.com/products/protechtor-percussion/cymbal-cases-and-bags/protechtor-lightweight-cymbal/22-cymbal-backpack-gp-cymbak-22/

egw

Reaction score
I have the Mono bag and really like it, EXCEPT (and sorry in advance if somebody else has already said this and I didn't notice it) the shoulder straps tend to loosen up really quickly. You'll have to adjust them more often than you probably want to. Likely not a deal breaker, but it's a little annoying. Considering how well it's designed, it's too bad they didn't engineer that one part better.

That being said, I haven't even used my Mono since I got this vintage black naugahyde bag about a year ago. I literally had to sew a new zipper on it as the old one was shot. And it has absolutely ZERO in the way of features (no dividers, no pockets, not even a shoulder strap), but it's very cool, and no one else in town has one like it.

NobleCooleyNut

Reaction score
I have been using the black Paiste backpack style cymbal bags for quite awhile now and I really like them . They are not crazy expensive , they have good padding in the bottom and lots of dividers . The hihat pocket on the front can hold 16” hihats easily .

The Beato Pro 1 bags with dividers are excellent bags and really well made as are all Beato’s products .

the Tough Traveller Cymbal bags are excellent but very expensive .

Last edited:

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dale, if you don't mind why don't you want a hard case? I'll never go back to soft cases again as, IMO, they don't protect near as well as hard cases.

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
The new Tama ones. Powerpad. I got one sorta by mistake at Christmas because I had it in my inbox and now it's my favorite bag. Not super-protective, but certainly good enough for local gigs, and I adore the dividers and the look of the thing.
I have this bag...amazng!!! Such great quality!!!
Gerry

Maninblack

Reaction score
I'm over in the UK so this mat not be totally of use to the US members but my gigging cymbals are in a Hardcase cymbal case but my rehearsal set I got second hand with a drum kit that I bought. They are a cheapish Zildjian set and the bag they came with (Zildjian) is pretty good. Otherwise I'd go for Protecion Racket if you can get them where you are.

kzac

Reaction score
Does anyone have a great cymbal bag recommendation?

I’m not looking to cut corners here. I don’t want to say money is no object, but I’m also looking for what some say is high quality.
I have used the Sabian cloth cymbal bag for decades ... any version of the bag is excellent, Just make sure to get the heavy weave and heavy handles .... There are some cheep versions floating round but I have found the zippers in those bags to be worthless.... I think I paid either 20 or 30 bucks for mine new and you can find them on e-bay or Etsy used

Easily gigged for 15 years with one of these bags, and still have the original bag 20 + years later although she is a bit tattered at this point....
I use a spare hi hat clutch to lock all my cymbals together at their mounting hole during travel ... I shy away from bolt and washer as they don't tend to have felt washers and the hi hat clutch is the proper size for everything. I can get my full complement of cymbals in my bag
20 Ride
18 & 16 Crash
14 pr hi hats
3 splash cymbals
12 China

Latest posts