Cymbal stand recommendation to hold toms (Ludwig)

mcirish

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a very lightly used Ludwig Classic Maple kit. I have a 10" and a 13" tom I need to mount on cymbal stands with the Atlas clamps. I've got some fairly inexpensive Pearl stands (came with an export kit) but I'm not sure they will be beefy enough for the 13" tom. Do I just go with the Atlas Pro boom or is there another stand that is stronger and less expensive that you can recommend?

Thanks for the help?

Oh... I will also need a hi hat stand too, but that's a different story.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use an old Ludwig series 900 straight cymbal stand and replace the upper tube with the elite double tom holder. Perfect, robust, bomb proof. An old series 800 works, too.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Take a close look at this, you might like it.

Although I am a Ludwig drum guy I use this Tama stands for my rack toms. The look is slick, the tom holder is built in line with the vertical tube for greater balance and the cymbal boom hides inside of the vertical tube for packing and can be used for a standard straight stand. They are heavy duty to hold any racked tom but I believe they are lighter than other heavy duty stands with add on mounting hardware.

I purchased two for my Ludwig kit HOWEVER, because they come with 10.5mm ball L mounts and the ATLAS tom mounts work best with 12.7mm rods I replace them with Gibraltar 12.7mm ball L rods. Price wise, I believe each stand was less than $140.00 each.

Just a thought,
sherm

Last edited:

Latest posts