Cymbal stand with 1" diameter bass pipe

Paradiddle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to re-purpose a bass drum mounted double tom arm. It has a 1" diameter pipe. My old Yamaha cymbal stands (maybe 700 series single braced?) have a narrower diameter pipe.

Anyone know of a single or (ugh) double braced cymbal stand that is 1" on the base? Trying to find a cheap solution to convert it to a stand alone tom holder.

Thanks,

Jeff

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ludwig Atlas and Hercules used a 1" center tube so the base will hold a 1" tube or the top two sections can be used with a 1" base plate on a bass drum.

Not hard to find, relatively lightweight, and (especially the later tubular leg models) very stable.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to re-purpose a bass drum mounted double tom arm. It has a 1" diameter pipe. My old Yamaha cymbal stands (maybe 700 series single braced?) have a narrower diameter pipe.

Anyone know of a single or (ugh) double braced cymbal stand that is 1" on the base? Trying to find a cheap solution to convert it to a stand alone tom holder.

Thanks,

Jeff
The Tama single braced stand has a 1" (25.4mm) base tube, and they're pretty affordable.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The older Tama stuff was also 1". And somewhere along the way I grabbed a "North" labeled stand that was almost identical to the Gretsch Techware 80's stuff that was also 1". I sold it all years ago though.

Basically - there should be something out there for you.

mlucas123

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You need something the size of a DW 9000. Old Tama Titan, etc. Top of the line models that will have the 1 1/8" bases that you will need to insert your 1" pipe into.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You need a stand with a 1" middle tube, not base. I found DW and OCDP have 1" middle tubes on their higher end stands. They are heavy as hell, though.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have some single braced Yamaha cymbal stands that have a 1" tube on the bottom tripod section. I believe they are the CS730 straight stand from the 90's. When set up, the top of the tube is about 21" high off the ground so depending on how long the down tube on your double tom mount is they might work for you.