Cymbals that cover the middle ground between Crash and China?

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This puppy right here - an 18" Meinl Profile Dragon China Crash! Bought one way back when and still have it! The trashiest most explosive China/crash known to humankind!

I also found a 20" K heavy ride on Craigslist locally. A real manhole cover. I sent it to Heather Stine and what came back was a beautiful dark, complex ride with a gorgeous trashy crash. Originally it weighed about 3000 grams and it came back around 1900 grams. My favorite ride of all.

15865426450571425254019564099186.png

Last edited:

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I do like the Zildjian EFX stuff, but no longer own any. Just got do be too much. So typically just go with swish/china.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Reaction score
This puppy right here - an 18" Meinl Profile Dragon China Crash! Bought one way back when and still have it! The trashiest most explosive China/crash known to humankind!

I also found a 20" K heavy ride on Craigslist locally. A real manhole cover. I sent it to Heather Stine and what came back was a beautiful dark, complex ride with a gorgeous trashy crash. Originally it weighed about 3000 grams and it came back around 1900 grams. My favorite ride of all.

View attachment 435140
I love these. I have one and it’s probably the closest thing I have to a 50/50 China/crash mix.

purity

Reaction score
Take a look at the old Sabian HH Fierce crashes? I have a 17" and it sounds like something that would fit the bill. I think the cymbals became the JoJo Mayer sig cymbals and then migrated (rebranded?) to the HHX line. The new ones still sound good to me, but the older HH ones are distinct. They pop up on Reverb sometimes and usually don't cost too much

Latest posts