Daniel Wagner's (Greta Van Fleet) set up

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on his floor tom situation? They and he get a bumb rap for being Zep/Bonzo rehashes but his current set up had something going on Bonzo never did. It sure looks like he has put some RIMS type mind l mounts on a old shallow 18" ft. I'm really curious why a Ludwig endorser of his stature would do that. Anyone have any info?
20210501_085330(0).jpg

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Does anybody know, is he related to quite famous Saginaw area guitarist Dave Wagner? Same neck of the woods.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Does anybody know, is he related to quite famous Saginaw area guitarist Dave Wagner? Same neck of the woods.
I think you mean Dick Wagner? Played on Aerosmith records, Alice Cooper records, KISS records, Lou Reed, etc...

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a 16x10 on one of my kits...the shorter depth to me...makes it more articulate...more hit and less ring...maybe he wanted to try it before he had Ludwig make it for him and though I'm not sure where he is on the drum endourser food chain...I'm guessing he's still paying for some of his gear and he's frugal....just a guess...

Ray Dee Oh King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think you mean Dick Wagner? Played on Aerosmith records, Alice Cooper records, KISS records, Lou Reed, etc...
No mentions of him in any of the articles I have read. This particular one says hes the only musician in his family.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Like stands, lug housings, tom mounts, etc! Its easier than revamping his riser though.

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dick Wagner was a local DETROIT hero in the late '60's...around the days of early Bob Seger, Iggy Pop and the incendiary MC5. His group was THE FROST and their first album, Frost Music, was a fantastic record.

Wagner played lead guitar, sang lead and wrote most of the songs, a true all around musician.

He also wrote "Only Women Bleed" for Alice Cooper.

No relation to the Led Zep wanna be mentioned in Original Post...

51bJLWihQFL.jpg

Last edited: