Darwin... Is this a Jasper or Keller shell?

dalec

Reaction score
Hi!
I recently acquired a Darwin drumset and wonder if the shells are Jasper or Keller. I attached some pictures from the rack tom shell. Maybe the experts know the answer. Shell thickness is about 5 mm.
Darwin_Edge1.jpg
Darwin_Edge2.jpg
Darwin_Edge3.jpg

Last edited:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Houndog-are you basing it on the alternating colors of the plies? Asking because of the Lintone I picked up (with Fibes lugs)...

And FWIW-Darwin also made a budget line with Remo Acousticon shells...they used tube lugs on them.

jbennett

Reaction score
The order is original Fibes to Corder to Darwin to most recent Fibes. I *think* most were Jasper from Corder until the last of the most recent Fibes.

That's a Jasper shell in the pic.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
The order is original Fibes to Corder to Darwin to most recent Fibes. I *think* most were Jasper from Corder until the last of the most recent Fibes.

That's a Jasper shell in the pic.
I actually did an article for NSMD on Corder and got to speak to both sons (maybe...was a while back)...Corder used both Keller and Jasper shells...Jasper was used more in the marching stuff because they allowed for smaller minimum purchases.

Darwin as far as I know never did big sales so maybe they only used Jasper?

dalec

Reaction score
Great. Seems that I have the desirable Jasper shells. Now I must deside whether to cut the toms down or not :rolleyes: