DCP Black Friday Sales Are Live

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a very smart move for Zildjian. Zildjian is offering the cymbal with the lowest regular price of the line, and I'm guessing not as popular a size and potentially have more in stocks, at a nice discount so it is within reach of most folks. Zildjian will not lose as much potential money as they would on a larger more popular/profitable size. People will be excited to try the K Sweet line for such a low price and most will like it and decide they need or have the want to buy larger sizes to complete the set and will spend money to expand. Without having been tempted by the low price of the 16" to begin with, most folks probably would not have dipped their toes into the Sweet K line finding themselves buying more. The 16" is also not a part of most Sweet K packs so Zildjian is not effecting those that would be inclined to buy a pack but decide not to do so due to ending up with 2 16" crashes.

The 16" is a loss leader with Zildjian banking on more than making up for it through more sales in the line by those who bit. I'll probably bite.
I was toying with buying one of these to mix and match with an old 16 A crash I rarely use as a hi hat pair. In the end I decided I need to find one locally on the second hand market to see how they mate.

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supporting DCP here in Idaho. Bought some fun stuff, a stickball and stick jingler.
Coy

Quai34

Reaction score
My issue with DCP is that, with the change rate, all their great price on Sabian end up being more expensive that the regular price here in Canada for a new cymbal. The Us price and the Canadian price are the same so, no way it could be a good thing for me. Also, Long and Mac Quade has the same kind of deal here, like the Sabina at 99 or 109, but again, in CAN$...
OK, I still bought some stuff, Meinl Hihat Foundry reserve 14" at 500 CAN$ ,so, 380 in US$...plus a Meinl byzance jazz 17" at 40% ...I wanted a 16" but one of my friend sold me a 15" Dark Energy Paiste for 150$ and also a Paiste 16" sound formula for the same price so...4 new Cymbals...I missed a Pearl snare 14x10, that could be a floor tom at 199 CAN$... I tried but their website and Dave's drums shop coulnd't take the 4 payments free and when it was finally working, they were gone... Week, I will then buy later on a Tama Star Reserve 15X8 for that matter, snare plus floor tom together..