Dealing with Music Retailers?

gmiller598

Reaction score
I know we are in odd times right now for musicians and retailers but anyone have any thoughts or experience on dealing with retailers on pricing for Dunnett made snares? I've got my eye on one and i don't know if it is worth trying to deal with any of the retailers that have it in stock to get a good deal or if the advertised pricing is pretty hard and firm.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just like anything else..they have a cost-what they have in the drum- depending how slow (or fast) things are determines how much above that- they want from you.

Last edited:

gmiller598

Reaction score
Just like anything else..they have a cost-what they have in the drum- depending how slow things are determines how much above that- they want from you.
I also play golf and I know some golf equipment is basically a complete firm price and if any retailers get caught for selling less than that price they get in trouble with the company. I wasn't sure how much that applies to drum and percussion equipment or if there are any makers that are like that in the drum world. Especially a small but quality maker like Dunnett who's products are priced at a premium.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Got to call an ask. Whomever calls my shop right now that is looking for something that I have in stock gets a way better deal than a month ago, since I am forced to close up shop. But be nice, people are trying to survive ;-)
I definitely feel you on that part. Part of the reason I might actually pull the trigger on this is that I want to help do my part to keep someone in business.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ronn Dunnett keeps pretty close tabs on who sells his products and how much they sell for, and doesn't give as big a dealer discount as most companies do, so you will probably find prices to be pretty consistent.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Ronn Dunnett keeps pretty close tabs on who sells his products and how much they sell for, and doesn't give as big a dealer discount as most companies do, so you will probably find prices to be pretty consistent.
That’s sort of what I was wondering. That is certainly fine if that is the case.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Got to call an ask. Whomever calls my shop right now that is looking for something that I have in stock gets a way better deal than a month ago, since I am forced to close up shop. But be nice, people are trying to survive ;-)
As much as I like to get a great deal, at this time I'd be more inclined to pay the listed price rather than haggle to help support some of the great shop owners who are really struggling right now. If prices seem to be comparable among most retailers, then I'd throw my money towards the one that has provided me with the best support in the past.