header.nohb.html

Deep pockets

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been working on that exact groove for years trying to get it just right ……

Dang that whole album is a masterclass …

Somethings Missing in particular grabbed my attention though …..

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
I had never known of Pino Palladino until this , he instantly moved into my top 3 bassists list …
I first saw him in the early 80's when he toured with Jools Holland. Amazing player. Saw him again with the Who shortly have Entwistle's death.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had never known of Pino Palladino until this , he instantly moved into my top 3 bassists list …
Pino has been one of my favorite bassists for a while, I’ll find the album that got me hooked on him, brb.

IIRC he played on the entire album

He was also on Pete Townsend’s Give Blood live stuff with Simon Phillips and David Gilmour (or at least he was on the album)

Last edited:

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
From that same CD, I always like this first crash he hits. It’s in the first 10 seconds or so. Anyone know what it is? He’s got great sounding crashes

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff from this trio! Jordan’s groove is unmistakeable and immovable.

Pino was a staple on 80s radio. That’s his lyrical fretless on Sunset Grill and Boys Of Summer by Don Henley. He and Simon Phillips slaying Give Blood by Pete Townsend is a force of nature.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff from this trio! Jordan’s groove is unmistakeable and immovable.

Pino was a staple on 80s radio. That’s his lyrical fretless on Sunset Grill and Boys Of Summer by Don Henley. He and Simon Phillips slaying Give Blood by Pete Townsend is a force of nature.
Man , no wonder Give Blood is so epic …!!