Delaney Bramlett----RIP

Timm

Reaction score
That gave me a "knee-jerk" shudder....I just had my gall bladder removed about 2 1/2 weeks ago...

...RIP Delaney...

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
Holy cow...I had mine removed in '96; required "radical" surgery due to complications and which bedded me down 4 days in the hospital... :shock:

-elcid

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
Timm O said:
That gave me a "knee-jerk" shudder....I just had my gall bladder removed about 2 1/2 weeks ago...

...RIP Delaney...

I believe Tony Williams also died from complications regarding gall bladder surgery. Glad you pulled through...

Lugwid

User of Agop Cymbals!
Reaction score
Great voice!

I played a number of shows with Bonnie in 2004, she bought me a small wooden train whistle, great times. His last album was really good. The real magic was the duo however. Bonnie has never really "gotten over" him, and I believed neither did he, musically.

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
Delaney & Bonnie was my 2nd concert ever and my 1st "serious" concert experience.I was 15.
Jim Keltner ( pre-sunglasses) was on drums with Bobby Whitlock on keys,Carl Radle,bass, Bobby Keys,sax, and Jim Price,trumpet. I remember being a tad disappointed that Jim Gordon wasn't there.

Eric Clapton owes Delaney Bramlett for his vocal styling during EC's first years as a solo artist,imo.

TR

dave11772

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sad news indeed, RIP.
Wasn't there a story years ago where she (Bonnie) decked a drunk Elvis Costello for making a comment about Ray Charles (which he later apologized for)?

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Damm, that's a bummer to hear. Yes Tony died of a heart attack following GB surgery. I guess it's a tricky operation. Sorry to hear about this one.

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
That really sucks...

My wife had her's taken out a year ago and was back to work in three weeks. I'm thanking God right now !!!! :shock:

RxSpur

Reaction score
Just watched the '70s classic "Vanishing Point" last week, in which D & B have a prominent role.

Just read about Freddie Hubbard on this forum as well. This is where I get most of my RIP news.

motorhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's sad news.The album Delaney & Bonnie and Friends was very popular when I was around 18 years old,and for good reason.His group of friends made some great music,and Delaney was a very talented songwriter.Mike

Kevin OConnor

DFO Star
Reaction score