Deleting posts

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if there is someway for the author to simply delete his own post?

I'm not talking about a thread....like we discussed last month, but haven't we always been able to delete a simple post just in case we see fit? Am I missing something?

Thanks

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
the option to delete seemed to change with one of our software changes. not sure why. was not anything we did on our end. hopefully a future update will include this feature.

mike

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry.....I don't stay up on versions, models, member levels, changes or anything else like that much. I just come on and hang. I just know I made a blunder and went to delete it (like normal) and it was gone.

Thanks Mike.....and thanks for moving it to the proper area :)

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Titus Pullo said:
I'll try this one last time. It's a Group Setting, and it's been a part of this board-ware since 3.1 -

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4081-ipboard-310-dev-update-soft-delete/

The ability to do this in member-land at www.drumforum.org went away with the advent of Membership levels.
Why do you think that was /or why did that have that affect (technically)
What would be involved to /alter / it. (technically just for conservation
~
Is there no 'hard' deletes with this software, comparable to Cymbalholics board software