Deserted Cities of the Heart

Archt

DFO Master
Reaction score
Anyone know what Baker is playing at 1:00 into this song? Is it 1/8th note triplets? Having some trouble with it.

Thanks,

Mark

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
They sound like his typical triplet default, with the accent on the first note of the triplet. Listen to Toad if you haven't already - it's all over that. That said, this would be written as 16ths with accents.

Check your inbox.

Last edited:

Archt

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks so much!
They sound like his typical triplet default, with the accent on the first note of the triplet. Listen to Toad if you haven't already - it's all over that. That said, this would be written as 16ths with accents.

Check your inbox.
Awesome thanks!

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just a killer tune. I listen to and enjoy lots of "other" music now - new and old, but that song is yet another example of why so much music sucks today.

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
You guys forced me to play "Wheels of Fire " on the way home from tonite's gig. Just mindblowing. Completely changed they way I looked at rock.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
16th notes? I don't think so. They're 8th note triplets with accents on the first note in each triplet, or DA-da-da DA-da-da. Guitars, meanwhile, are playing Da-da Da-da Da-da. It's a change in the time signature from 4/4 to 6/8, with different instruments grouping the 6 notes in 3's or 2's.

It sounds more complicated than it is.

Latest posts