header.nohb.html

Despised Band’s Felon Drummer Replaced Mid-Set

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
For Motley Crue (and others such as Ozzy) it’s akin to a Third Annual Quitting Business Sale.
Seriously though, I didn't read the link. I should have but I'm not for a number of reasons.

The basic elements of a contract are: offer/acceptance, mutual assent, adequate consideration and legality. What consideration is given? Are they being paid for not touring and would have to forfeit those payments when they decide to go back on the road?

And who is the interested party on the other side of that contract, what do they get out of it? Is it like a coalition of bands trying to keep the live show market cornered?

The whole concept is bizarre IMO.

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
TBF I saw KISS last year and it was a blast. Paul's voice isn't the same, but Singer and Thayer play well, and it's flat out fun.
Rock music is a young mans game. Kiss to my point is a cover band with hired guns providing the energy. Do you really want to see Kiss without Gene and Paul? I saw the Who with Zack n Pino in 2015. It was sad and I love the Who. Same with Zep. Anyone on this forum wanna go see the Buddy Rich big band without Buddy? No. That's why Zep folded after Bonham died. Who are you going to replace him with? Nobody. Moonie? No one. I think the Stones should have said ok that's enough when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is great but he isn't a Stone and that band is no longer the Stones. Mick has like 250 mil. Go enjoy your 300 grandkids. Sadly though, there is no Zep or new Stones or Skynyrd to do it new. What's left of the Biznass doesn't want to deal with bands and Radio only plays things made popular by movies and tv series or social media likes. I will step down off my soapbox. Soapbox? Dad, what's a soapbox?

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rock music is a young mans game. Kiss to my point is a cover band with hired guns providing the energy. Do you really want to see Kiss without Gene and Paul? I saw the Who with Zack n Pino in 2015. It was sad and I love the Who. Same with Zep. Anyone on this forum wanna go see the Buddy Rich big band without Buddy? No. That's why Zep folded after Bonham died. Who are you going to replace him with? Nobody. Moonie? No one. I think the Stones should have said ok that's enough when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is great but he isn't a Stone and that band is no longer the Stones. Mick has like 250 mil. Go enjoy your 300 grandkids. Sadly though, there is no Zep or new Stones or Skynyrd to do it new. What's left of the Biznass doesn't want to deal with bands and Radio only plays things made popular by movies and tv series or social media likes. I will step down off my soapbox. Soapbox? Dad, what's a soapbox?
If I were into big band jazz, I would go see the Buddy Rich Big Band without Buddy Rich. It would still be a great concert.
Just sayin'.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Depending on how you count, the Stones changed up 8 or so members before Steve Jordan joined. Not sure why the departure of Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor, Ian Stewart or Brian Jones wasn't your breaking point, but there you go.

Redbeard77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously though, I didn't read the link. I should have but I'm not for a number of reasons.

The basic elements of a contract are: offer/acceptance, mutual assent, adequate consideration and legality. What consideration is given? Are they being paid for not touring and would have to forfeit those payments when they decide to go back on the road?

And who is the interested party on the other side of that contract, what do they get out of it? Is it like a coalition of bands trying to keep the live show market cornered?

The whole concept is bizarre IMO.
I think the point of the contract at the time was to prevent any of the members performing as Motley Crue without the others.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think the point of the contract at the time was to prevent any of the members performing as Motley Crue without the others.
Then the whole point was misleading, it's not a contract not to perform again - it's a contract not to perform individually (or not as a whole group).

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when they did that contract thing , man they swore that was it ..
You will NEVER see Motley Crue on stage ever again and we truly mean it was the sentiment given at the time :…..

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
My guess is, like with KISS, this is all not true, and he just can't play, doesn't want to play, doesn't want to play and listen to Vince coming through a huge PA.

Prob still gets paid. Clufetos sounds good, he is a killer player.

That's Tommy Lee playing in that video (first song of their set). Sounds just fine to me.
How do you correctly pronounce Clufetos?

Don’t wanna be caught like those who say Neil “Purt” in a classic rock discussion. And don’t get me started on drummers with “Paystey” cymbals…
Clue
Fay
Tos

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
“Smokin in the Boys Room” copyists Motley Crue called in ex-Black Sabbath drummer Tommy Clufetos because Tommy Lee — who served 180 days for spousal abuse — and claims he prepped for the Poison/Def Leppard/Motley Crue stadium tour by breaking four ribs.

Just a personal aside, I seriously wish Lee’s injuries were more severe.

When I read this I thought something new happened? You’re talking about the past in the 90s is that correct? Forgiveness my brother that’s everything in life.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mick has to support those 300 grand kids..

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When it comes to dudes beating women, there’s no forgiveness. It’s something real men don’t do.

Interesting thought , I feel ya .. though forgiveness is far greater than the “act” of sin , not easy .. but faith doesn’t make things easier , it just makes things possible.

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ian Paice doesn't play any ballads with Deep Purple. He's 73, but looks much older.

Motley Crue plays ballads ... "Home Sweet Home," "You're All I Need," "Without You."
"When A Blind Man Cries"

But yes, kudos to Paicey still going strong at 73.

Bill Kreutzmann (76) and Mickey Hart (78) still doing ~3 hour shows with Dead and Company, though not as heavy nor fast. Dead and Company is actually kinda known for playing the Dead tunes a lot s l o w e r than the GD and slower than some fans can tolerate.

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yup, Tommy's felony was in 1998... 24 years ago.

Crap. I stole tips from a restaurant I worked at when I was 15. Real men do not steal tips from nice waitresses either.

Crap... no forgiveness for me either. Crap...