Despite all the Dire News about "Mom & Pops"

Rudy Corona

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Russo's Music of Trenton- one of Jersey's absolute best independent music stores-has opened a second store---IN ASBURY PARK! I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted it last week. I stopped in, naturally, and I must say they did a super hip job of converting a basement location right on Cookman Ave. into a little paradise for players, especially guitarists. Cool!

tempobob

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Russo's Music of Trenton- one of Jersey's absolute best independent music stores-has opened a second store---IN ASBURY PARK! I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted it last week. I stopped in, naturally, and I must say they did a super hip job of converting a basement location right on Cookman Ave. into a little paradise for players, especially guitarists. Cool!
Wow, this is huge. I play in Asbury almost every week. How is the drum dept?
thanks for the heads up,Rudy.

Rudy Corona

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bob--the drum department is good---looks like the basics are covered, (heads, sticks, cymbals) and a few nice kits on the floor including a sharp looking DW set. The guys working were very excited about the location--they said that they have a pretty fair client base in the area, Asbury has a good scene, etc. Where are you playing in Asbury? We usually do Moonstruck one Friday every month. I'll have to check out one of your gigs. Let me know, eh?

DrumBob

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rudy...Good news, indeed, especially since NJ Drum & Percussion (I think that was their name) went out of business. I'll be in the Asbury area today and might stop in. I have always wanted to visit Russo's in Trenton.

There's a new boutique guitar shop opening very soon in Bergen County. I met the owner at a gig a few weeks ago. I wished him luck.

Rudy Corona

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DBob---Addy is 639 Cookman Ave, FYI. You have to look---they're on the North side of Cookman, and the entrance is through another store, (T-shirt rock memorabilia type stuff) which I can't remember the name of. Russo has always been a really nice guitar store, and I know you also play guitar (as do I!)

DrumBob

DFO Star
Reaction score
DBob---Addy is 639 Cookman Ave, FYI. You have to look---they're on the North side of Cookman, and the entrance is through another store, (T-shirt rock memorabilia type stuff) which I can't remember the name of. Russo has always been a really nice guitar store, and I know you also play guitar (as do I!)
Thanks, Rudy. If you're free tonight, I'm playing with The Kootz in Sea Girt for their summer concert series on the Beacon Avenue Boardwalk.