DFO running very slow

Lorenzo1950

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have an iMac running OS X El Capitan.
As far as clearing my cache I am pretty consistant and some of the browsers are set to clear everything upon exiting.
Still the spinner spins for up to a minute between pages and at login.
I also check for spyware and viruses even though I may not have to.
The Mac was purchased in 2014.
Anyone else have the problem? It's close to 4 am on the East Coast and it is still very slow.
Don't think you have a ton of traffic at this hour.
The only thing I don't delete are cookies and maybe I should clear everything every time I sign out.
Thank you.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not experiencing any slowness at all here. Maybe log in with another computer or mobile device and see if you still experience this. That would at least tell you if the issue is in your computer or ISP.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I too use Mac, have an Air and an iMac at work, no issues, last time I was at the Apple store they said if there is an issue
shut down and reboot, sounds simple, but the few times I have had an issue on any site, that worked.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Try running a trace route to the forum and see if you have any hops that are higher than most in terms of milliseconds. It could be a routing issue outside of your control.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Piggpenn said:
Try running a trace route to the forum and see if you have any hops that are higher than most in terms of milliseconds. It could be a routing issue outside of your control.
I have no idea what you just said...

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
xsabers said:
I have no idea what you just said...
Sorry just one of the tools I use at work to diagnose connection issues.

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know that since I switched to Edge (sucks...I know) it has been nothing but trouble here. Slow as hell, cannot copy and paste in the edit box, etc...Works on other sites.