Dialtune Snare

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

This got a great review in MD, having Arbiters the only drawback I see is the inability to fine-tune as the head stretches from being played.
That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, would it be for you?

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that there are several new products in the market designed to produce a single point tuning system. I have played a few of them and found them novel but for me personally, they have no appeal. If I can not fine tune my own heads or even tune the heads to different pitches when I want, then it is not a product for me.

I see this as a frantic attemtp to redesign something that has already been through these design phases in the past. This is sorta of a "if you dont know history" scenario. BUT, kiddos for looking to move our instrument forward, just not sure this is the right vehicle for it.

Last edited:

drums1225

Reaction score
Just became aware of these today, when a friend mentioned he has one, and invited me over to check out his new home studio, and to give him my hands-on opinion. It's an interesting take on single point tuning. I thought the drum in the demo video sounded great, and what a cool thing to quickly tune up or down between songs, either in the studio or onstage. Playing a power ballad? Crank it way down and splash some reverb on it. Playing a punchy pop/funk tune? Crank it up and go to work. I'm slightly intrigued, and looking forward to checking it out, hopefully soon.

Last edited:

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just became aware of these today, when a friend mentioned he has one, and invited me to his new home studio. It's an interesting take on single point tuning. I thought the drum in the demo video sounded great, and what a cool thing to quickly tune up or down between songs, either in the studio or onstage. Playing a power ballad? Crank it way down and splash some reverb on it. Playing a punchy pop/funk tune? Crank it up and go to work. I'm slightly intrigued.

Yup, I'm super intrigued by this. It's a lot better than the other single-point tuning system on the market (the one with the bass tuning peg in the middle of the shell), because it a) doesn't require you to unravel the cable to change a head and b) allows for different tuning on the top and bottom.

They've mentioned that they have plans to introduce this as a retrofit at some point, although I'm not sure exactly how that would work.

Another interesting take on this idea is the company that has separate concentric shells that you can slide into place to change the working diameter of the drum. I can't remember the name now, but it looks super interesting. They already have it available as a retrofit for existing drums. Of course, now that I want to find it, I can't, and any other day I get absolutely spammed with ads for it on Instagram :D