Did I even showed you guys my kit being built?

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anybody is interested, I'm building my own kit. (yea I build a couple here and there, love it)
Was thinking to share it with you guys if there's any interest in other's people stuff lol.

It will take some time to finish it, now on vacations.
Will update, definitively on this same post!

I'd love to know what you think about the wood combination I have chosen. I have been half a year choosing very carefully every thickness, ply, wood and configuration. I'm really curious of the end result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Appears the video isn't available... did you make it public?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw the video at work (no sound) - he was talking with bare shells on a couch next to him....I'd like to see the final product......

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Really interested in the sound of your kit...
That vid was posted about a month ago (from today), have you started any work on the shells yet?
Also a bit curious who made the shells, as you mentioned it was a luthier in the video, but no other info.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Appears the video isn't available... did you make it public?
yes it's public.
I saw the video at work (no sound) - he was talking with bare shells on a couch next to him....I'd like to see the final product......
I'm not a he. lol. As I said, it's a journey on building the kit.

Anyways, here is the update:
I really thought it would come sooner, but my health got a down-peak again after vacations and it held me 3 months without being able to continue the project.
Meanwhile, I got a better camera, a mic to record my audio, changed some stuff on how I make videos. I hope that will make it more enjoyable.
In anyways, I'm back on track and now will be time for the hardware, I have no idea how long it will take, again. But I'll keep you guys posted!
I'm uploading the video now, turns out I had to take the video down as I forgot to but some extra shots of the result. brb.

Last edited:

Veecharlie

Reaction score
here it is!

Thanks a lot for the support guys :) It's quite a challenge and it's nice to be able to share it with people that have the same interests, ha.

Last edited:

Veecharlie

Reaction score
UPDATE! (Finally)

So we have been re-discussing some of the hardware pieces like the snare throw off system and the hoops, still not 100% done but I could record some video content meanwhile. Enjoy.

I'll be off preparing the bearing edges ;)

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow! That is so cool! I wish I could do something like that. Looks like a lot of fun to have a project like that. Can't wait to see the final result!:)