header.nohb.html

Did Plush Drummer Brooke "Rock Angel" Colucci Get Pete Bested or Is She About to Ringo Another Group's Drummer?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for news about musicians in their early 20s ... This week the up-and-coming, all-female rock band Plush released a short statement: “As many of you may have seen by now, (drummer) Brooke Colucci has decided to leave Plush. It has been an honor sharing the stage with her for the past two years in front of thousands of fans, and we wish her the very best with her future projects.

All of our scheduled shows are still on, and Plush looks forward to creating more music together. We will see you all on the road very soon!"

Moriah, Bella, and Ashley

This sudden news comes as Plush prepares for the opening tour slot with Alice in Chains and Breaking Benjamin in September and the KISS Cruise in October/November. The band released it’s first album via Pavement Entertainment in September 2021.

You may know Brooke Colucci as "Rock Angel" for her YouTube cover of Tool's “Forty Six and Two” that’s earned more than 14 million views. She sat in with the Late Night 8G Band with Seth Meyers earlier this year.

Brooke’s statement says “It saddens me to inform you that I am no longer a member of the group and will be moving on to explore a new project. I wish the girls the very best and am excited to share news with you soon of what I will be doing next. Peace and much Love, Brooke”

Ray Dee Oh King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thats a shame, or maybe not? I like Brooke, been following her for a long time. From the days she played in her bedroom, to the day she got her DWs, up to her joining forces with Moriah(whom ive also followed for many years now) in Plush. I wish em all the best.

Tony_H

Reaction score
I really hope it was an amicable split and she has something bigger lined up. She is a solid drummer and needs to be on that stage along with the random supplemental YouTube covers. It seemed like a good mix for her.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
KISS Cruise? That’s a gig?

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Good to know. Yet another thing to avoid like the plague.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Excited to find out tomorrow who Plush's new drummer is.

Plush will perform at the NYS Fair for the first time on opening day Wednesday, Aug. 24, at 2 p.m. on the Chevy Park stage.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
The phrasing of Brooke's statement suggests that it wasn't her choice to leave but tbh she doesn't need them. Look at how many Instagram followers she has and compare that to how many the Plush account and the other girls' accounts have. Pretty big difference.

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The phrasing of Brooke's statement suggests that it wasn't her choice to leave but tbh she doesn't need them. Look at how many Instagram followers she has and compare that to how many the Plush account and the other girls' accounts have. Pretty big difference.
I don’t know…it sounds to me like she got another offer and quit. The band statement says as much. Either way, all the best to everyone.

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'd never heard of her before Plush, but I really enjoyed her playing with them. I saw some live drum cam Plush clips, and she's super smooth and polished.