Did Santa Bring You Some Cool Piece of Music Gear for Christmas?

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My bride usually asks me what I want for Christmas about a month before. This year she said that she came up with a fun idea without my input. I'm guessing that for once it will not be music related.

What surprises do you think will be under YOUR tree this year.

TPC

Reaction score
For Christmas, I bought myself a swart Space Tone Atomic Jr. guitar amp for the studio.

I'm not really a guitar player, but I heard this amp and just had to have it. It is without question the best sounding guitar amp I have ever heard.

1576248666098.png

Drm1979

Reaction score
Evan's dry head, and snare straps for a snare refresh and some grombals particularly for my ride to stop the keyholing (not from me, it came that way when I bought it 20 years ago).

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
For Christmas, I bought myself a swart Space Tone Atomic Jr. guitar amp for the studio.

I'm not really a guitar player, but I heard this amp and just had to have it. It is without question the best sounding guitar amp I have ever heard.

View attachment 419687
Sooo....if you're not a guitar player, what do you plan to do with it?

TPC

Reaction score
Sooo....if you're not a guitar player, what do you plan to do with it?
Keep it in the studio for those sessions that include a guitar player.

I have a guitarist in my own septet, and I record other sessions that include guitar players. Having a great amp there will allow them to avoid hauling their (ahem ... worse sounding amps) at home. ;)

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just bought a Yamaha EAD10 !!!! going to use it on a gig Sunday ...
I also bought 3 chinas and 2 crashes ...

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Partner has got me an 8" dream bliss splash cymbal, can't open till the 25th, I can see it in its box on top of the wardrobe when I'm lying in bed , im trying to avoid the temptation to get myself a present ( 20" paiste dry crisp ride, used) on eBay. I just don't think I can afford it.......

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a 14 X 5 SS, in black lacquer, with die cast hoops, brass tube lugs, and the oval badge.
I'll definitely post some pictures when it arrives.
Nice! That's going to be a great drum. I'll have a SS Maple some day. (Or maybe Tulip... or Walnut... they all sound incredible.)

daveplaydrum

Reaction score
I was going to get a TAMA Club jam set as a nicer practice kit for home but looks like it’s fallen through unfortunately. If I’m lucky something else will catch my eye. I wanna say a new cymbal but dare I say I don’t need any more cymbals...

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, for the holiday's AND my retirement present to myself - A Roland TD-17KVX has been ordered and is on it's way to my house. Finally some QUIET home practice. After all, I now have loads of spare time.