Did Santa Bring You Some Cool Piece of Music Gear for Christmas?

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Got an early gift card. Bought the pup a toy and some organic salmon treats. Got myself the Meinl hybrid slaptop cajon. :cool:

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Keep it in the studio for those sessions that include a guitar player.

I have a guitarist in my own septet, and I record other sessions that include guitar players. Having a great amp there will allow them to avoid hauling their (ahem ... worse sounding amps) at home. ;)
I understand. Although I can play guitar, I am hardly a guitarist. I keep a Fender Blues Deluxe and a Hot Rod Deluxe in my rehearsal room for exactly the same reasons. At one point I also had vintage tube amps by Ampeg and Peavey, until I ran out of room. :)

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I wrote to Santa and asked him to take my percussive library of catalogs, and articles, and magazines, Take the extra boxes of sticks some fairly new never used I bought or was given, Take the old Fibre cases I likely will never use, Take that Bag of used heads dimensions of some I don't even have drums for, Take anything percussive (don't forget the vhs tapes) I haven't even touched in 25 years

and Leave a nice chunk of change under the tree.
probably won't happen
but a guy can dream
C'mon Santa let's cut a deal.

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
My cast bronze snare shell from Duluth was my birthday and Christmas present this year...and a great sounding one.

20191129_181726.jpg

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I remember when Steve still worked at Russo music and would offer a serious DFO discount around the holidays. Santa was particularly nice to me a couple of years when that happened.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My bride usually asks me what I want for Christmas about a month before. This year she said that she came up with a fun idea without my input. I'm guessing that for once it will not be music related.

What surprises do you think will be under YOUR tree this year.
I was told if I wanted another drum I better figure out how to fashion one from a lump of coal. Any of you have experience here on what heads to use? Thanks

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Santa is having me make an 8-hour trip tomorrow to pick up my own Christmas present. Slacker.

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My bride gets it, GAS, it's a sickness. She understands, I don't just want this stuff, I NEED THIS STUFF.
My list included upgrades and additions to the backline I provide to the other musicians at my practice space.
I'm a drummer, how did I end up with all this stuff?

Last edited:

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was told if I wanted another drum I better figure out how to fashion one from a lump of coal. Any of you have experience here on what heads to use? Thanks
Word has it that John Good at DW is already on this, procuring coal from the mines used to fill the stockings of the world's naughtiest drummers.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Was a couple of months ahead of the game this year and bought a new custom kit but my eldest daughter sprung for it as one of Santa's early helpers. Don't actually need anything in drum gear right now but might wrap a pair of unused sticks in colorful wrapping and put it under my pillow closer to Christmas .......

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What are you getting?
Well, I’m finally fulfilling a childhood dream — I’m picking up a set of Yamaha Club Jordans (champagne sparkle, naturally). I’ve had an irrational desire to get my hands on a set of these ever since I saw a guy playing them at Disneyland when I was about 11.