Did you buy yourself any drum gear for Christmas ?

R

RickP

We all k ow we cannot trust our spouses or significant others to get us cool drum gear for Christmas .Did any of you buy yourself any drum gear for Christmas ?
If so, what have you got coming ?

I had not planned for this to arrive before Christmas but it looks like the 24 x 14 Noble and Cooley Horizon Bass Drum I ordered is due to arrive in the next week or two .

I also have a new snare from TRS Custom Drums being made . It is a maple shell that is hollowed out instead of being a board that is bent and glued together .4.5” x 14”, matching Caribbean Blue Burst Gloss lacquer , single flange hoops . Should be killer .

My Better half offered to buy me a Beato Pro 1 bag for this bass drum for Christmas . So I guess I am lucky .

Last edited by a moderator:

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about a set of Beato’s for one kit. I’ve had a few close calls in the Florida rain. I sold my Classic Maples so I have loot for a kit but I’m pretty covered in that dept for now. Who knows....maybe I’ll splurge on a nice tattoo.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I guess you could call my add on toms that. I'm selling off spare snares and hardware, but I sort of have a mind to start slowly building up a stable of A's. But I'm trying not to think about that too much or it will happen sooner than I plan.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can't say "bought", but I just traded a Ludwig Black Beauty for a brand new RBH Monarch 6x14 snare in Top Hat and Cane a few hours ago. This will be paired with my Hendrix Perfect Ply walnut drum set (13/16/22) that I purchased last month. I love Christmas!

1.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
I bought a gong mallet about 7 years ago and I just bought last week a 28" Paiste Gong. I figured it was about time.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
December is birthday and Christmas month for me. Sometimes I get nothing at all and sometimes have gotten some really cool things if the stars aligned. Have my eye on one thing at the moment. We'll see!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Radio King, that Hendrix kit is sweet. Do mind me asking the price? PM me if you want

Last edited:

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just ordered up 16 Remo heads, another Pearl S1030 (snare stand w/adjustable arms), and a Tama HS40TP (practice pad stand), from Cascio/Interstate Music using a Cyber Monday 25% discount.
I probably should have got some more stuff with that discount :-/

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I need to stop. I didn't get anything crazy, but I did buy that $100 import maple Slingerland snare and that set of Road Runner bags for $61. Also just bought myself an 18" A thin crash from a forum member.

James Walker

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A 12" pre-serial 602, and a JOPA cowbell.

I'm telling my wife that with these, I'm all set for receiving Christmas gifts this year. I'm not getting any arguments. ;)

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got a 14" Zildjian trashformer on black Friday. The newer ones are way better than the old even though they seem to be the same cymbal just now under the fx line.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rotarded - that is superfantabulous!!!

RickP - everyday is Christmas for me! I just don't get gifts daily! My Gretsch project kit is almost done as is my Rogers so I may get a few "big" gifts this season!