header.nohb.html

Did You Ever Own a Kit (or single drum) You Never Played, Even Once?

Soulfinger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes.
Bought a Tama Club Jam Mini a while ago because I wanted that shallow bass drum. I never intended to keep the snare so I sold it on immediately, not even taking it out of the shippping bag.
The kit was 279,-, sold the snare for 100,-. Great deal for that killer little bass drum IMHO.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a no for me too. I've used all the stuff I paid for. It's an evolution. New stuff in, old stuff out. Keep the best stuff and the stuff that just works. FWIW, I have only trashed one thing...A useded E-Kit. 3 months ago, when my wife and I were de-cluttering the house. Right in the dumpster. Only thing I kept from it and still use is the Sonor kick pedal that the guy who sold it to me threw in.

mebeatee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep....I scooped some John Grey drums covered in mac tack from a thrift store.... Took them home and immediately stripped them all down where they still sit waiting to be rebuilt....does that count.....
Also in a three way purchase and trade...yes. A couple of fellows did a swap/deal between a double set of huge sized Ayotte’s for a set of fairly beat up Gretsch’s plus cash. The now owner of the Gretsch’s traded me immediately for a Ludwig Black Beauty...he literally didn’t even touch “his“ Gretsch’s... I then refurbished them and they were a tour kit for years....quasi counts....

Or....lol.....yes again....

I’ve got a storage shed with a bunch of unplayed (in original boxes btw) drums...seven Billy Gladstone snares, some 40’s, 50’s and 60’s kits from all the big names of the day, 3 Hayman kits, Pearl fibreglass drums in all the sizes offered, and finally two Ludwig (double headed btw) Stainless Steel octaplus kits.....one with 22” bd”s and the other kit has one of a kind double 18x18 bd’s.
btw...I also sell real estate on the side...so if you want some swampland call me maybe....
bt

rsq911

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Guilty!
I still have it too! I purchased a Ludwig engraved black beauty piccolo. It is brand new in the bag, in the case, in the bag, in the cardboard box with all the official numbers and details from Ludwig. I got it in late 1998. I thought about playing it, but haven’t done it yet….
Not guilty anymore! See my post in vintage, the brand new 1994 has been played!!!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I got a 50th anniversary Ludwig 6.5 Supra new in the box back in 2014 for my birthday/Christmas gift. It is still in the plastic and I have never played it. I also have a black galaxy Acrolite that is new in the bag and has never been played.

Mike