"Do You Feel Like We Do?" Peter Frampton

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The late John Siomos on drums with the very rare green wrap Ludwig kit. Great stuff and all the rage back in 1975. More weed was cleaned inside the gatefold of this album than any other album ever.

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love Frampton! I always wondered if that Les Paul was ever going to pull him over one of them days - he’s not a big dude and Les Pauls are not a light guitar, lol. He was my inspiration of the talk box back in my guitar days. I remember going through several of them (blowing the internal speakers out) until I realized how to use them correctly.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
One our members here actually owns the ride cymbal from the "Frampton Comes Alive" album.

Mike
Wow. I'm curious as to what it is. A Zildjian of some kind? Always liked that sound.

Dan

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think that it is a 22" A. Zildjian Medium Ride with a slightly bigger bell. Some of those old rides just came out with bigger bells. It can't be too heavy because I can really hear the nice wash underneath. My buddy in high school had one that was very similar and it was a medium ride with a bigger bell...just like this John Siomos' ride.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished his memoir "Do You Feel Like I Do"
a fascinating read and if you don't already know the story of that guitar, it's all in there

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
The last concert I saw was Frampton, in September of 2019 (with Jason Bonham as the opener). To say he was really good is an understatement. He was just spectacular, and it is apparent that he really loves what he does. That joy of playing music was so contagious - the whole thing was just magical, and that includes what Jason Bonham did as the opening act.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I just loved this album. It was a life changer, for me and for Frampton! Every song was a happy rock and roll tune that just made me feel good. Where is this music today?

I was a guitar player back then and while Frampton's playing wasn't Duane Allman or Jimi Hendrix level stuff, it just really fit what he was doing. That 3 pick-up Les Paul and voice box was spot on. Just a perfect fit.

We need some music like this again.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Frampton is fantastic. Why his playing sticks out so different is likely that he drew on very different influences than most typical rock guitarists - Wes Montgomery, Django and Chet Atkins even.
But this is a drummer site so one has shout out to John Siomos' very tasteful stuff on all of Frampton Come Alive. And yes his ride cymbal on that album is lovely. Do You Feel...talk about a tune you HAVE to crank up.

T_Weaves

Reaction score
John Siomos was an excellent drummer. Saw the Frampton band many times. He and Stanley Sheldon on bass were a rock solid rhythm section. Very effective.

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw Frampton a couple of times over the past several years. He is just a monster guitar player and enjoyed the hell out of his shows. Always has been a treat seeing him as part of Don Was' all-star house bands for various charity, award and tribute shows.
His work as a semi-regular in Ringo's All-Starr lineups is a joy to hear.
It's a b*tch gettin' old though (but better than the alternative)

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw Frampton a couple of times over the past several years. He is just a monster guitar player and enjoyed the hell out of his shows. Always has been a treat seeing him as part of Don Was' all-star house bands for various charity, award and tribute shows.
His work as a semi-regular in Ringo's All-Starr lineups is a joy to hear.
It's a b*tch gettin' old though (but better than the alternative)
I couldn't read the article, but I saw enough to know that Peter is getting on and has issues now. Hurts a little to see our youthful hero's aging because it means we're aging to. All the best to a guy whose music always put a smile on my face.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw him on the “I’m in you” tour, right after “Comes Alive”. John Siomos was ill, and Joe Vitale (a native Clevelander) filled in. Good drummer, but I was really bummed.

BonzoBonham

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thankfully that kit is still with us, owned by Peter himself who bought it originally for John. Loved that green lacquer wrap.