Doc Sweeney 14x7 Walnut Steam Bent Snare Drum, Price Drop

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Doc Sweeney 14x7 Solid Ply Walnut snare in mint condition. The shell creates a sort of swirl effect as you go around the drum, from a dark Walnut shade to light. Very unique and attractive drum that sounds incredible. Original unplayed Aquarian heads. Remarkable snare drum.

Features:
Steam bent Walnut 14x7 shell
Doc Sweeney center point lugs and strainer
Puresound 20-strand snare wires
Aquarian Drum Heads

$620 $600 $565 shipped, CONUS

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg

Last edited:

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Ah man, after getting the pleasure of meeting, and even playing a bunch of the Doc's drums....I can attest these are absolute beaats and beautiful.

If I could afford this, I'd absolutely buy it.

Also, if you ever get a chance, try their stave kit. They make the bass drums in 20", 22", and Im fairly certain up to 24". I know someone that has the 20"...it legit sounds deeper than my friends 26" Gretsch bass drum... I'm dying to hear what the 22" and 24" sound like

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ah man, after getting the pleasure of meeting, and even playing a bunch of the Doc's drums....I can attest these are absolute beaats and beautiful.

If I could afford this, I'd absolutely buy it.

Also, if you ever get a chance, try their stave kit. They make the bass drums in 20", 22", and Im fairly certain up to 24". I know someone that has the 20"...it legit sounds deeper than my friends 26" Gretsch bass drum... I'm dying to hear what the 22" and 24" sound like
I totally agree: Doc Sweeney drums are fantastic. I have a 20/12/14 set of steam bent birdseye maple, and they look and sound incredible. I would like to check out their stave sets some day.

kevin klever

Reaction score
That's gotta be one of the very nicest looking drums ever built. The drum shop I work at got a bunch of doc sweeny stuff in last year and I was super impressed by the build quality and attention to detail, and the overall unique vibe of the drums. A very far cry from the average run of the mill "custom" builder. Not cheap stuff, but seems like you get what you pay for. Good deal here.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's gotta be one of the very nicest looking drums ever built. The drum shop I work at got a bunch of doc sweeny stuff in last year and I was super impressed by the build quality and attention to detail, and the overall unique vibe of the drums. A very far cry from the average run of the mill "custom" builder. Not cheap stuff, but seems like you get what you pay for. Good deal here.
Thanks Kevin! I totally agree with your assessment about build quality and attention to detail. Doc Sweeney drums are top shelf.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Timing is everything, if I just hadn’t pulled the trigger on another snare a few weeks back I’d be all over this. Have been looking for a solid walnut for some time...oh well.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Timing is everything, if I just hadn’t pulled the trigger on another snare a few weeks back I’d be all over this. Have been looking for a solid walnut for some time...oh well.
I hear you - I could just as happily keep it in the fold, as it is a rather unique piece. As several on DFO have mentioned over the years, a Walnut steam bent shell make for a superb sounding snare.