header.nohb.html

Does anybody know what happened to Vistalite Black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Rather than continue to derail the scintillating Motley Crue vs Taylor Swift thread, I'll start another.
Vistalite Black, where are you? I can't even tag him anymore. Poof? Gone?
Sure, he and I clashed now and again, but he was/is always amusing. I imagine his other sparring partners feel the same.
Did he finally step over the line? He sometimes crept up to it, but was mostly benign. Did I miss something?
Did he voluntarily withdraw from the Forum? Does anybody know him personally -- like in real life?

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rather than continue to derail the scintillating Motley Crue vs Taylor Swift thread, I'll start another.
Vistalite Black, where are you? I can't even tag him anymore. Poof? Gone?
Sure, he and I clashed now and again, but he was/is always amusing. I imagine his other sparring partners feel the same.
Did he finally step over the line? He sometimes crept up to it, but was mostly benign. Did I miss something?
Did he voluntarily withdraw from the Forum? Does anybody know him personally -- like in real life?
What is this 'real life' you refer to? ;)

drumflyer

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had a run in but he sure seemed to have caused a lot of issues.

Hope he/she is well and just taking a break from the forum. Let’s talk drums and drumming!
582A4AD7-AC6A-4B68-AD09-D4FEC4F1BEFA.jpeg

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I (mostly) got a kick out of that guy...made me think, was often funny in cranky way.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
People on forums vanish all the time. Read any post from ten years ago and you will see plenty of once regular posters that have disappeared without explanation.
Yes, thank you. I've been here since 2005 (even before that in the Harry Cangany days). I've seen lots of members come and go, some without explanation, and some with. Some of them I've know personally, or at least been friends on FB. Some not.
And that's what I was wondering in my original post: Does anybody know a reason VB went silent?

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes people just move into different avenues. I myself, after seeing some vicious comments on FB & Twitter, left both in January 2017. I'm still on YouTube and a member here, but I pop in and out. Sometimes out for months. Right now, I am in. A Forum or any social media should not be your life.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are members here who like to be civil and post drum-related stuff, and discuss. Then there are members who simply like dissent. VB is one of them, although he did it in a somewhat entertaining way.
Those that like the rabble-rousers, the obnoxious ones, the one ones who like to pick fights or post a lot of complaints are the ones that make life difficult for the mods, and also for those of us that like civility on the forum.
"Your right to disagree" is not your right to poop all over the forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.