Does anyone have this throne?

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks promising ......

Any idea of the weight? Nothing in the specs list at Sweetwater; I would think the single-braced legs would be fine since all of the load is compression. Just don't lean back on two of the legs!

Mike

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you search, there were at least two threads a while ago. IIRC, quite heavy (the single-braced tripod is the only difference compared to their heavy-duty throne base) and not very comfy...

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How can I have that throne? It's sitting in a Sweetwater warehouse right now.

:p

I could see me using that though, it looks simple and manageable. I don't need a comfort zone for my butt though, I'm one of those guys that has basically no butt but I could see how that might not look appealing to those who look for comfort and functionality.

Mike_b

Reaction score
I like Gibraltar s too. I am 330 pounds and it hasn't broken on me. Albeit it's a different model.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do, I'm wondering what you think of it. Is the seat padded enough? Stable?

Thanks
The whole throne weighs 7 lbs. and the base collapses for transport. Seems like a good bet if you are looking for portability. Also, I wouldn't get discouraged by the funny comments here. It seems that they designed it to be thin but also comfortable because of the material. If you want detailed specs., Gibraltar has them here:
Good luck,
LRod

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Memory foam has been used in throne tops for years and in my experience thus far, its the super thick chunky tops that are the most comfortable to sit on for long periods albeit a pain to transport.

That Gibraltar looks convenient to transport and it could be super comfy but I'd want to try it before purchasing or at least have the option to return it.
I'm skeptical but certainly open to having my mind changed about it.

If you do purchase it make sure to come back and tell us your experiences :)

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought it. First off, super stable. The top is comfortable but I wouldn't do one of my 4 hour gigs on it. I am going to gig the base (which weighs roughly 6.5ish pounds) with my Soundseat top - perfect combo.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anybody know if they sell the stand without the seat?

My point of reference is what I used during the first half of my drumming odyssey, which was basically this:

98F4CB07-9113-409A-8ABB-480E3E9EDC2C.png

O how far we have sailed over a wine dark sea.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin..... oh, sorry...different topic. :toothy10: