Does anyone make modern canister thrones?

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seppo at TRS Custom Drums can make you a nice canister throne in any finish you want.

So are these guys a custom shop that can make a one off throne? Don't see any on thier site

Thats cool, but I have a few shops that will make a one off. Looking for someone that makes can aster thrones as a regular product.

Maybe no one does anymore.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say sit on a floor tom shell wth is the difference

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thx everyone for the input. Looks like the Gretch thrones are discontinued and the DW is nice at $1000.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think the older DW had wheels and a built in retractable handle, the new one looks like it doesn't but does come in WMP.

Another route.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
From the archive, sounds like many have stopped making them like Ludwig.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the purpose of the thread or disrespect those who like them but what's the purpose/advantage/disadvantage of a canister vs. a standard throne?
For the life of me I can't figure it out. It looks uncomfortable, non-adjustable and cumbersome!

Last edited:

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great question and I think the how why and when was covered in the 2016 thread above.

From an older thread:

The first product that DW made wasn't the 5000 (aka Camco) pedal, but rather cannister thrones.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great question and I think the how why and when was covered in the 2016 thread above.

From an older thread:

The first product that DW made wasn't the 5000 (aka Camco) pedal, but rather cannister thrones.
Darn I missed that thread you posted before I asked! I shall read about it!!

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their website, to put it politely, leaves a lot to be desired. They show a canister throne in the photo of their WMP Buddy Rich kit, but their site has absolutely no info about that kit or any of its components. (And not that much info about any of their other drums, either.)
Found this which is more of what I was looking for from Chicago D. Thx

Retro Slingerland style drum throne
The coolest throne ever!

Here's a throw back to yesterday. A vintage-style canister throne just like the old days but with a twist. The 13-inch diameter, 4-inch high foam top swivels at the top of the 17-inch high storage area where your favorite sticks can be tucked away at the end of your gig.

Finishing touches includes non-skid pads, a trio of latches and a carrying handle. A variety of finishes are available. Custom heights available.