Does Ludwig date their new snares?

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They do come with a manufacturers bar code sticker... I haven't seen the code up close so I can't tell what it reveals.
If it doesn't overtly state the date, I'm sure it would include the build date amongst a host of other things in the manufacturers database, but not openly available to us.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They do come with a manufacturers bar code sticker... I haven't seen the code up close so I can't tell what it reveals.
If it doesn't overtly state the date, I'm sure it would include the build date amongst a host of other things in the manufacturers database, but not openly available to us.
Same thing with my new CM Ludwig toms and bass. No Dates. I plan to add dates when I change heads. Haven't decided how yet. LOL

sherm

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same thing with my new CM Ludwig toms and bass. No Dates. I plan to add dates when I change heads. Haven't decided how yet. LOL

sherm
From what I was able to see, it looked most like the numbers/bar code on the box that the drum came in.
I'd be really curious as to what info Ludwig would pass on if you inquired. I'm sure it would include size/finish/hardware.

I do have a Birdseye Maple snare that has a date stamp (this is before the new-ish stickers) and the more I think about the manufacture date, the more I wonder why it's important...
Is the year/month/day that critical? When should the date be stamped? After the shell comes out of the mold or any of the many successive steps that follow up to the point it goes into the box for shipping? I like having the date info, but it may just be me being quirky!

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks was just thinking ahead I want to get a black beauty next year for my 50th birthday and have John Aldridge engrave it, thought it would be great if it was dated in 2021 but no biggie.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks was just thinking ahead I want to get a black beauty next year for my 50th birthday and have John Aldridge engrave it, thought it would be great if it was dated in 2021 but no biggie.
Running into the same dilemma a few years back, I asked John to engrave my 70’s 419 BB for my birthday. He dated his work accordingly.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Running into the same dilemma a few years back, I asked John to engrave my 70’s 419 BB for my birthday. He dated his work accordingly.
True I will have his date, I could even maybe have him time it and do his signature and date on my birthday...that would be cool

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
True I will have his date, I could even maybe have him time it and do his signature and date on my birthday...that would be cool
… or include the birth/anniversary year into the exterior design like JA did for the 100th Anniversary BB!